Valhalla Updates

bitflipper

Free update to Valhalla Delay, with a new mode. Of all the delays in my collection, this one is my absolute favorite.

Supermassive has also been updated, with two new modes added. Supermassive is a freebie, so make sure to grab it if you don't already have it. It's not a daily bread 'n butter reverb, but it's a pretty cool effect when you can find an excuse to use it.

• Like 12

Just playing with the new modes. The Scorpio mode for SuperMassive is quite nice. The new RitchPitch mode for ValhallaDelay is wonderfully weird. Just watch out for the feedback setting - set it too high and the plugin goes into self-oscillation and the delays literally never end. Good thing there's a duck feature.

• Thanks 1

Not a Mac user, so sorry for the dumb questions. If something isn't M1 compatible, does that mean it doesn't run whatsoever on an M1 Mac? or that it's not optimised?

And does M1 compatible software work on the new M2 Macs? or is that another update to wait upon?

2 hours ago, antler said:

Not a Mac user, so sorry for the dumb questions. If something isn't M1 compatible, does that mean it doesn't run whatsoever on an M1 Mac? or that it's not optimised?

And does M1 compatible software work on the new M2 Macs? or is that another update to wait upon?

These questions, and more, are what is causing me to sit on the fence to replace my Mac Pro (early 2012) to an Mac Studio. Please note: the Mac Pro is absolutely not my main computer to work on. I work on a PC.

A) when will Mac Studio become an M2 and can a Mac Studio M1 be a hardware upgrade to M2 if and when?

B) why do I even need a Mac Studio when I barely use my Mac Pro?

C) is $5K or more really worth it as a secondary low use computer?

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 11/23/2022 at 10:13 AM, bitflipper said:

Free update to Valhalla Delay, with a new mode. Of all the delays in my collection, this one is my absolute favorite.

Supermassive has also been updated, with two new modes added. Supermassive is a freebie, so make sure to grab it if you don't already have it. It's not a daily bread 'n butter reverb, but it's a pretty cool effect when you can find an excuse to use it.

No BF sale at Valhalla. Do you know if they ever have BF sales?

I have a couple of the Valhalla freebies, but I have always wondered about Valhalla Shimmer. Already have the Eventide Shimmerverb and wonder how they compare...?

Edit: Found this video comparison by PlugInGuru. Dang! Now it seems that I will need both of them! 🤣

Edited by abacab

They are different (I prefer the sound of ValhallaShimmer), but given the limited number of use-cases for this type of reverb, I'd still consider them redundant.

If you're intent on having more than one flavor of a regenerative pitch-shifting reverb, check out irid from tritik. It's got a couple tricks all its own. It's only 50 bucks, too, same as ValhallaShimmer.

On 11/25/2022 at 12:07 AM, Bapu said:

These questions, and more, are what is causing me to sit on the fence to replace my Mac Pro (early 2012) to an Mac Studio. Please note: the Mac Pro is absolutely not my main computer to work on. I work on a PC.

A) when will Mac Studio become an M2 and can a Mac Studio M1 be a hardware upgrade to M2 if and when?

B) why do I even need a Mac Studio when I barely use my Mac Pro?

C) is $5K or more really worth it as a secondary low use computer?

A) mid to late 2023 and no

B) do pigs fly?

C) no,

but you know you want one. 

• Thanks 1