(Rock) Organ Recommendations

Lionel

Hey everyone,

I’m a big organ-nerd 🤓  For this BF/CM, I’m looking to find some new and inspiring organ sounds and/or plugins.  I’ve really only ever used the standard organ sounds in Kontakt and AiR.  Can you guys recommend any cool organ VIs or Packs for Rock and R&B genre? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• Like 2

I think IK is as good as it gets. The rotary speakers are very good. There are plenty of distortion and amp options that make it good for rock. Check out the Jordan Rudess presets for Deep Purple.

VB3 used to be the gold standard but IK surpassed it IMHO.  But still worth considering.

https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=44

• Like 4

Just now, Vernon Barnes said:

I think IK is as good as it gets. The rotary speakers are very good. There are plenty of distortion and amp options that make it good for rock. Check out the Jordan Rudess presets for Deep Purple.

VB3 used to be the gold standard but IK surpassed it IMHO.  But still worth considering.

I was really surprised by the IK version.. their instruments can be a bit hit and miss sometimes, but that was a hit. I got that and the SampleTron2 for free in the group buys and these things are both cool.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

I personally don't think it's quite up there with IK but it does have some nice tricks up its sleeve. The ability to modulate the drawbar levels can create some interesting evolving tones or rhythmatic effects.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Have you tried the Hammond B3 from IK? I reckon that could probably sit in a rock mix pretty well.

I would have to agree with the IK Hammond B-3X as number 1, then Arturia B-3 V for a close second. Judging strictly by my ears, as I am not an organist. Try the demos...

IK developed their B-3X in collaboration with Hammond, so hopefully they got things right! The Leslie rocks! :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

Holy crap!  I just checked out all your guys' recommendations.  They all sound really great.   But I think this time around, I'm gonna go with the IK Hammond... it's just butter 🤤  Sounds so much like the real deal!

Thanks everyone!

• Like 5

Hey, I kinda agree that IK is probably the best right now, but Acoustic Samples B5 is also very good and it's currently on sale.

Also, not about the Hammond plugins itself, but there's an amazing topic on cantabile forums about everything Hammond related. It's obviously focused on cantabile, but there's a lot of nice info about Hammond, drawbars, settings, and songs that can be used on any DAW. Worthy reading!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I've been waiting for the VB3 to be on sale for about 3 yrs now. I think the developer has moved on to iOS apps. But I have IK's B3 and will just use that one.

• Like 1

VB3 used to be the best Hammond some years ago (an still seems to be quit good), but the developer kinda abandoned it to work on hardware (Crumar), then he released the engine that he did to Crumar as VB3 2.0, but some people say that it's not as good as V1. Now he's focused on VB3 for iOS.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Walter Cruz said:

Hey, I kinda agree that IK is probably the best right now, but Acoustic Samples B5 is also very good and it's currently on sale.

Also, not about the Hammond plugins itself, but there's an amazing topic on cantabile forums about everything Hammond related. It's obviously focused on cantabile, but there's a lot of nice info about Hammond, drawbars, settings, and songs that can be used on any DAW. Worthy reading!

Wow, you're right. I've been aware of the developer for maybe 15 years,  but only really looked into his libraries recently after stumbling across his Wurlie, which sounds great,  but until your link I never checked out his B5 and that also sounds great.  Man, that dev has impeccable taste when it comes to tone and other characteristics. My budget is already committed for this year,  but eventually,  I'm going to picking these libraries up. And I've had a bunch of PMs with him on VI Control and he's pretty cool. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1