Korg Collection 4 Released (with Special Pricing)

ZincT

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Cons: Too many pages and tabs for me. I'm a visual person who prefers to see everything on one page, or at least as few as possible.

I only ever got Wavestation for this same reason. Navigation on hardware with limited controls is not fun as it is, but to replicate that in a GUI just comes across as lazy to me. I didn't get it to relive the frustration of paging through menus with buttons but for the the sounds. Maybe I have become jaded from the hardware manufacturers whose supporting software makes them significantly easier to tweak than from the hardware alone.

9 minutes ago, mettelus said:

I didn't get it to relive the frustration of paging through menus with buttons but for the the sounds.

I had a few hardware synths from KORG and Roland in the 90's. Paging thru menus from a tiny LCD screen using a few buttons was frustrating!

So I ended up with a few PC based MIDI editor librarians to ease that pain and see a graphic synth UI of my hardware that I could tweak with a mouse. MIDI Quest 9 XL by Sound Quest was my last editor.

Thankfully, I am now all in-the-box with virtual synths. But I'm inclined to pass on soft synths where the object seems to be to make the GUI as complex as possible. Maybe it's just my old eyes or that I'm losing my patience now, but I know what I like when I see it (or not)! :)

And the virtual Wavestation is cool, but using it as a ROMpler preset machine is as far as I typically get with it. Never really took the deep dive into its wave sequencing level. I was hoping that the new Wavestate Native would make it easier to explore wave sequencing. Not for me, but maybe for some! IMO the wave sequencer itself is not bad, but the multi-page edit system for a single performance preset is a whole different story!

18 hours ago, Wookiee said:

I own all the Synths in Collection 3 at their current 64 bit VST 3/2 versions.

So you are correct paying an extra $100 just because I start back when the M1/Wavstation were first released as the Digital Legacy collection in 32 bits.

At least I get the updates on what I do have.

Got it. Looks like you're not on any collection at all, having just all the singles (edit-or the legacy collection). I remember a thread on kvr where people were disappointed with korg not honoring that. I had M1 LE so I took advantage when they were giving that cheap upgrade path first to the Legacy Collection and then to the new Korg Collection right afterwards, having to jump through their convoluted codes and web accounts. I think I paid $99 altogether but it was worth it!

Edited by chris.r

6 hours ago, Zo said:

The best FAST EASY FUN GREAT sounds fast ratio i found was Softube Parallel , this might be the most underatted synth i seen , for me they created an instruemnts , not a synth software ...

Interesting vid by the infamous Starsky Carr here: 

but I’m not convinced it brings anything new or different to the table if you have Pigments or Falcon. Maybe those FX are up to Softube’s usual quality. 

11 hours ago, Fleer said:

Interesting vid by the infamous Starsky Carr here: 

but I’m not convinced it brings anything new or different to the table if you have Pigments or Falcon. Maybe those FX are up to Softube’s usual quality. 

Never judge byt the presets  , usually softube presets are awfull in their synths ....

Grab it and start doing 10 presets and see ...

My presets in fact surprised me and i m no noob ....

Notice :

Like for cooking , the key is the ingredient , same "plat " same technic , diff ingredient quality will make a hudge diff the more process you do to it .

1) This is key and unlike other watebanle synths , the choice and complexity of those is spot on .

2) the second thing is that unlike wavetable classics , the display is circular and trust me it's a whole other approch , i can clearly see not onlt the envlope impact but alos the dynamic of the wave form , allwoing me to really master the behavior /.. have sounds that enter the dance in a way i want  ..

3) the quality of fx , you mention it .... people tend to forget that Roland sound is their chorus , and filter (as well as their lush reverb on D50 , XV 5080 ect .... Moog it's their filter ect .... here the fx are just spot on , like in monoment bass ....

4) the interface and its capcity to provide anything in one pages : man this is why i tend to no more use spectrasonics those days even if it's a pure beauty .... falcon the same , (both when it come to sound desoign , i do use them as romplers) 

5) Price 

• Like 2

On 11/27/2022 at 8:51 AM, Wookiee said:

@chris.r my partner Ms W. Purchased the first Korg Digital legacy collection when it was first released. When they added stuff I purchased it, that was mainly multiple products.  Does that mean I don't have the Legacy collection. 

Right, so before Korg Legacy Collection there were these, even more legacy, Korg Digital, Korg Analog, etc. I doubt there is upgrade path from these. Your best option would be upgrading to Korg Collection (current) from M1 LE assuming you can still buy one on kvr or get it with hardware. FWIW you can always drop them a question if you have all synths bought separately, would they give you an option to upgrade to 'collection'. They always respond. After I upgraded from M1 LE, I asked for extra 'legacy' licenses for my 32-bit system because I didn't have yet 64-bit PC at the time, and they've issued it without problem. Sorry for late reply.

Also got an email with upgrade pricing for previous collections to v4: $99 from v3, $149 from v2, $199 from v1 and $199 from legacy collection. Pricey 😨

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Also got an email with upgrade pricing for previous collections to v4: $99 from v3, $149 from v2, $199 from v1 and $199 from legacy collection. Pricey 😨

And to think that I paid nearly $1500 for a single KORG workstation in 1994. Pricey!!! 😂

• Like 2

On 12/1/2022 at 12:24 AM, Wookiee said:

@chris.r I did write and it was explained that the Korg ID site gets confused. Doh!

I now have a code for a more acceptable price. 

LOL the Korg ID site keeps being confusing since it's very start! :D 

Glad it worked well for you 👍

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1