Korg Collection 4 Released (with Special Pricing)

ZincT

9 hours ago, Wookiee said:

As you realise I have the original Wavestation which I like & use but  not very often. I am more modular these days and the nice Moog emulations from Cherry Audio. 

I have a few of Cherry's Moog standalone emulations, the Polymode, Memorymode, and Miniverse. Also have the Cherry/MRB VM900 Moog modules collection on my wish list. Voltage is a lot of fun, but it tends to be a rabbit hole, for sure!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, simon said:

I still have my M1 - bought in 1989 !

When I tried an M1 in the local music store back then I was amazed at the realistic sounds that could produce. Although I couldn't afford one at the time, I ended up with a KORG x2 workstation about 5 years later. It had a lot of the M1 sounds on-board and a similar synth engine, plus a few new tricks. Wasn't the classic, though.

I think the KORG Triton is a worthy successor, another synth that I couldn't afford, but I do enjoy the virtual version! :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, abacab said:

I have KC 3, but don't see any compelling reason to upgrade just for the 3 new instruments.

But the Wavestate Native (not in the collection) is on sale for $99 until the end of November. That's a very nice synth, with a whole new take on the Wavestation! Running the demo now! :)

https://korg.shop/software/natives/wavestate-native.html?___store=english

I downloaded the demo and when lauching it asks for content folder , what did ya used to demo , the center or manual download ?

1 minute ago, Zo said:

I downloaded the demo and when lauching it asks for content folder , what did ya used to demo , the center or manual download ?

I used the demo download link from Korg Software Pass v1.2.3. Ran the demo installer, and towards the end it asked me to browse to an existing content folder or to download content. I created a new folder and dropped the new content in there. All good! :)

1 minute ago, abacab said:

I used the demo download link from Korg Software Pass v1.2.3. Ran the demo installer, and towards the end it asked me to browse to an existing content folder or to download content. I created a new folder and dropped the new content in there. All good! :)

The center didn t asked me this at the end !!

now i can t redownload since it s already done .. what is the size of this folder ?

4 hours ago, abacab said:

I have a few of Cherry's Moog standalone emulations, the Polymode, Memorymode, and Miniverse. Also have the Cherry/MRB VM900 Moog modules collection on my wish list. Voltage is a lot of fun, but it tends to be a rabbit hole, for sure!

Rabbit hole indeed but a lot of fun. The VM900 Moog modules are great. Someone created a Wendy Carlos patch for them. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, Zo said:

The center didn t asked me this at the end !!

now i can t redownload since it s already done .. what is the size of this folder ?

The center (Software Pass?) did not ask me this. It was the "Korg wavestate native Installer.exe" that asked for this during the install process.

Size of Wavestate content library = 2.2GB.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

The center (Software Pass?) did not ask me this. It was the "Korg wavestate native Installer.exe" that asked for this during the install process.

Size of Wavestate content library = 2.2GB.

lol juts figured it out !!! in fact when you launch the plugin it asks to poiint the sample folder OR installe it (witch i don't know how missed this second part !!)

INstalled and for the love of GOD , please can somebody tell me where the ADSR are per part !!!!

1 hour ago, Zo said:

INstalled and for the love of GOD , please can somebody tell me where the ADSR are per part !!!!

Down in the lower section of the interface, under "Envelopes". Click on "Filter", "Amp", or "Pitch" and the ADSR controls for that envelope will be opened for you.

Each layer A, B, C, D has its own set of envelopes, LFOs, etc.

Edited by abacab
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2022 at 3:43 PM, Wookiee said:

However because I own legacy not collection 3 my Upgrade is £199.00+tax. If owned collection 3 it would only be £99.00+tax.🤬

If by saying "legacy" you mean the old Korg Legacy Collection then yes, the price is steep as there was a big upgrade step from Legacy to the, on that time, new Korg Collection (now version 1) with 64bit and Odyssey and it was similarly high priced.

However if by legacy you mean Korg Collection 2 or 1 then indeed sucks, cause I'm currently on 1 and was wondering what would be my upgrade price to 3.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chris.r said:

However if by legacy you mean Korg Collection 2 or 1 then indeed sucks, cause I'm currently on 1 and was wondering what would be my upgrade price to 3.

I believe that KC 3 is the sweet spot! The resizable UIs plus all the latest updates to the existing instruments. :)

11 hours ago, abacab said:

Down in the lower section of the interface, under "Envelopes". Click on "Filter", "Amp", or "Pitch" and the ADSR controls for that envelope will be opened for you.

Each layer A, B, C, D has its own set of envelopes, LFOs, etc.

logically iwas looking in the upper pages ....

Now can have FX send on a per layer basis or all in FX ?

Also when i start from ini , program loading include a looooot of stuff  , loeaded one , lfo modulating filter , sepnt 10 min trying to dizsconnect this lfo from the filter , from the lfo : nope , from the filter ? nope , from the matrix , saw only fx ...gave up ....

this might be the most inuitive synth i tested since a while (i m talking wavestate ) .... 

Edited by Zo

9 hours ago, chris.r said:

If by saying "legacy" you mean the old Korg Legacy Collection then yes, the price is steep as there was a big upgrade step from Legacy to the, on that time, new Korg Collection (now version 1) with 64bit and Odyssey and it was similarly high priced.

I own all the Synths in Collection 3 at their current 64 bit VST 3/2 versions.

So you are correct paying an extra $100 just because I start back when the M1/Wavstation were first released as the Digital Legacy collection in 32 bits.

At least I get the updates on what I do have.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zo said:

Now can have FX send on a per layer basis or all in FX ?

Also when i start from ini , program loading include a looooot of stuff  , loeaded one , lfo modulating filter , sepnt 10 min trying to dizsconnect this lfo from the filter , from the lfo : nope , from the filter ? nope , from the matrix , saw only fx ...gave up ....

this might be the most inuitive synth i tested since a while (i m talking wavestate ) .... 

Understood! My comments on Wavestate Native...

Verdict: Not for me. I thought it would be on first run, but I'm out after trying the demo and skimming the manual enough to have an overview of the synth architecture.

Pros: Great sounds, including 30+ presets contributed by John "Skippy" Lehmkuhl (PlugInGuru). This is a deep synth and likely a synth tweaker's paradise!

Cons: Too many pages and tabs for me. I'm a visual person who prefers to see everything on one page, or at least as few as possible. This synth has 4 layers, each with 7 different tabs/pages, so up to 28 pages required to see the main elements of what's going on in a patch. Plus the ADSR envelopes are hidden away behind 3 tabs per layer, and the LFOs are hidden behind 4 tabs per layer. So 12 ADSR views and 16 LFO views!

If I want a rabbit hole, I much prefer something challenging like Voltage Modular where I can see exactly what's connected to what! My favorite synths at the moment that can be fun to program are Phase Plant and Pigments, that are much more intuitive and visual. Although Pigments has a few pages, they are kept to a minimum. But Phase Plant wins for me with the one page design where you can see all with a bit of scrolling, and all modulations are revealed at a glance. :)

Edited by abacab