Korg Collection 4 Released (with Special Pricing)

ZincT

Personnaly i was thinking about Vastman ..... he would love that one

Trying to demo wavestate but after instakll and launch it asks me for data base (sounds) folder , witch i don't find anywahere and think it was downloaded ....

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zo said:

Trying to demo wavestate but after instakll and launch it asks me for data base (sounds) folder , witch i don't find anywahere and think it was downloaded ....

I shouldn't have downloaded the Wavestate demo. Probably gonna cost me $99 that I can't afford, LOL! 🤣

When I ran the installer, I got a screen towards the end that prompted me to either locate an existing database, or download a new one. I just created a new folder on my samples drive and dropped the database download there using the browse to path function. Works great!

Edited by abacab

3 hours ago, Zo said:

Boy OpSix sounds great !!!!

Both Wavestate and Opsix are absolutely great... @96kHz session they are so close sounding to the hardware that with little Eq adjustment you're pretty much there... of course no immediate hands on, but Wavestate Software is actually in most cases almost easier to program than the hardware synth and things can be mapped to controllers... so I think they are a winners!

2 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I’m thinking of getting a Wavestate ik the flesh. Going $500 which is rather cheap. 

I say go for it Fleer, but get the SE 61 keys version instead, I think it's worth the additional price of admission... The basic Wavestate hardware was a bit disappointing for me.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

Both Wavestate and Opsix are absolutely great... @96kHz session they are so close sounding to the hardware that with little Eq adjustment you're pretty much there... of course no immediate hands on, but Wavestate Software is actually in most cases almost easier to program than the hardware synth and things can be mapped to controllers... so I think they are a winners!

Since it's wavetables , i think the should sound the same as HW !!  You're totally right , the software makes the editing and sound design way faster , but man i like knobs and HW for that , the Monologue XT is the one i would love to see in plugin!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

I say go for it Fleer, but get the SE 61 keys version instead, I think it's worth the additional price of admission... The basic Wavestate hardware was a bit disappointing for me.

Would love to, but it isn’t out yet, is it?

15 hours ago, ZokZTM said:

excellent choice... better than the Korg SQ64?

Oh yeah , but mainly i needd akeyboard , nowdayz i try to have one gear on desk centered , so it s remplacing NI kontroller ,.. only grip is that controll side sucks ... knobs while endless rotary act like regular knobs in studio one , so jump of values , emailed support to lobby on that cause even my minilab can do it as supposed to .

By the way did ya trie the uad synth ? 

• Like 1

Upgrade pricing is inconsistent. 

I own all but the three new on offer. 

However because I own legacy not collection 3 my Upgrade is £199.00+tax. If owned collection 3 it would only be £99.00+tax.🤬

Why?

They can keep it as far as I am concerned. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

They can keep it as far as I am concerned. 

I have KC 3, but don't see any compelling reason to upgrade just for the 3 new instruments.

But the Wavestate Native (not in the collection) is on sale for $99 until the end of November. That's a very nice synth, with a whole new take on the Wavestation! Running the demo now! :)

https://korg.shop/software/natives/wavestate-native.html?___store=english

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zo said:

Oh yeah , but mainly i needd akeyboard , nowdayz i try to have one gear on desk centered , so it s remplacing NI kontroller ,.. only grip is that controll side sucks ... knobs while endless rotary act like regular knobs in studio one , so jump of values , emailed support to lobby on that cause even my minilab can do it as supposed to .

By the way did ya trie the uad synth ? 

Ah good to know 🙂

No I didn't try the UAD synth, have plenty of HW and software synths... I'm done 🙂

3 hours ago, abacab said:

I have KC 3, but don't see any compelling reason to upgrade just for the 3 new instruments.

But the Wavestate Native (not in the collection) is on sale for $99 until the end of November. That's a very nice synth, with a whole new take on the Wavestation! Running the demo now! :)

https://korg.shop/software/natives/wavestate-native.html?___store=english

As you realise I have the original Wavestation which I like & use but  not very often. I am more modular these days and the nice Moog emulations from Cherry Audio. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wookiee said:

As you realise I have the original Wavestation which I like & use but  not very often. I am more modular these days and the nice Moog emulations from Cherry Audio. 

I still have my M1 - bought in 1989 !

• Like 2