Your Go Too?

Jesse Screed

Right now, my go too is a 1981 Gibson Firebrand 335

image.png.61fa5d3e3054b6b438e1e14d10d469e7.png

into a Fender Mustang 2  MK1 with the US Twin Rev setting.

image.png.2b81c2b949a19622c281391dfef63441.png

using neck pick up

pickup volume 5

pickup tone 4

gain at 3 on the mustang

it sounds really nice

what are you jiggety with these days?

Edited by Jesse Screed
pictures cause otherwise it didn't exist
  • Like 2

Parker DF522NN (NN for Notes Norton). Custom shop job before Parker went belly-up.

Duncan P-Rail pickups give me P90, Rail, Series Humbucker or Parallel Humbucker sounds, and there is a Piezo under the bridge that can be played solo or blended with the mag pickups.

It stays in tune, has hardened stainless steel frets, is contoured and balanced, weighs only 5 pounds, and a dream to play.

The only problem I have with this guitar, is that I like it so much, I no longer have GAS. It's like being happily married, I can look at other guitars, but have no urge to own one.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

NN02_DF522NN.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The rare radiant maiden whom the angels name the Angry B*tch - a 2013 Gibson LP Studio.

310397595_10159344314322582_3536758633588354204_n.thumb.jpg.3aa400e1dce0fb06622d97c4bc941be9.jpg

And this surprising little practice amp - Fender Champion 20. 

297123704_10159252911117582_8576376775870233093_n-1.thumb.jpg.c44231af4955757663dcaa8bd6686a7f.jpg

I do most of my practicing in bed in front of the tv before going to sleep in the morning, and this humble setup covers all my need.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, craigb said:

*Is too tired to point out that it's not too.  Maybe give me a moment or two?*

😜 

Did you mean to write "I'm too tired," or is it "Is too tired"?

Your making me point out

that their

our people vary aware

when they're are typos

in there forum "buddys"

posting's🥰

I love it

Edited by Jesse Screed
  • Haha 2

Oddly enough, as I walked passed my dad's old 1940s Harmony Monterey a couple weeks ago I wondered how much it would take to make it playable. I went overboard reinforcing the body 10 years ago, but just put electric 10s on it and hung it for show. The bridge and nut were way high, and I adjusted them both too keep parts original. Still a slight bow in the neck, but the frets were high enough to get electric-like playability to the 15th fret :). 10-year-old electric strings and it is loud with wild sustain (15 seconds on a gentle strum). How I reinforced it would make a luthier cringe, but I never expected something with f-holes to be that loud. Been putting more time into playing that lately... it hasn't been played much in 40 years, so needs some love. No amp required.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rain said:

And this surprising little practice amp - Fender Champion 20

I have the 2x12 version of that. They are really great amps. I got it thinking I might play live again. Then when faced with an opportunity to play live again I just didn't have the drive to do it anymore. So it sits in a closet. Lots of good times playing out but a lot of headaches too. 

My goto is Guitar Rig 4 and my Epiphone Sheraton II Sunburst (lefty version). If I ever were to play live again my goto would be my Champion 100 and my 84 MIJ Strat with EMG Golds on it. I put them on back in the 80s to stop the neon sign buzz in bars back before LED signs were a thing and hum from bad grounds in various places we played.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I have the 2x12 version of that. They are really great amps. I got it thinking I might play live again. Then when faced with an opportunity to play live again I just didn't have the drive to do it anymore. So it sits in a closet. Lots of good times playing out but a lot of headaches too. 

My goto is Guitar Rig 4 and my Epiphone Sheraton II Sunburst (lefty version). If I ever were to play live again my goto would be my Champion 100 and my 84 MIJ Strat with EMG Golds on it. I put them on back in the 80s to stop the neon sign buzz in bars back before LED signs were a thing and hum from bad grounds in various places we played.

I like this small one so much that I considered getting the 2 x 12 for a while.  But then I figured there wouldn't really be a point, although I'd be very curious to hear it. 

Otherwise, I'm recording demos, and using my old POD HD300 when/if I need to track guitars, or sometimes whatever plug-in will work for the job. And if things get serious, I have access to plenty of goold old tube amps.

1 hour ago, Grem said:

For me lately it's been my new Epi JB Lazarus (59 LP). That things sounds great. Really, I love it.

I played a stripped down Epi Studio version of a Les Paul one time. Best feeling and best sounding LP I ever played. I really regret not buying it. I've had both and I greatly prefer the Epi version.  I had a Gibson LP Custom one time.  I could never warm up to it. I don't remember who it was now but I sold it to someone on the old Cakewalk forum. I had it on consignment at a very well known guitar shop in Lawrence  Kansas and they posted it on their website and he bought it through them.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2022 at 6:50 PM, Notes_Norton said:

Custom shop job before Parker went belly-up.

a beautiful piece of guitar.

On 11/22/2022 at 11:16 PM, Rain said:

And this surprising little practice amp - Fender Champion 20. 

I have heard a lot of good things about those amps.  I would like to hear one sometime!

23 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

I'm cheap

Except when it come to albums?😀 I know you post often in the "listening to this now thread,"  Is there an album in that collection you would never part with?

23 hours ago, Sheens said:

into D.I.box, RME Aio card, Amplitube

16 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

My goto is Guitar Rig 4 and my Epiphone Sheraton II Sunburst (lefty version).

Sheens and Shane, I use to play D.I. through  AT and Guitar Rig all the time, but lately that just doesn't so it for me.  Wish I knew the proper way to get the right gain staging to make it sound great.

22 hours ago, CoveCamper said:

EVH Wolfgang Standard

That is a wonderful guitar.  Do you have a pickup position you prefer or do you go all in?

20 hours ago, mettelus said:

Oddly enough, as I walked passed my dad's old 1940s Harmony Monterey a couple weeks ago I wondered how much it would take to make it playable. I went overboard reinforcing the body 10 years ago, but just put electric 10s on it and hung it for show. The bridge and nut were way high, and I adjusted them both too keep parts original. Still a slight bow in the neck, but the frets were high enough to get electric-like playability to the 15th fret :). 10-year-old electric strings and it is loud with wild sustain (15 seconds on a gentle strum). How I reinforced it would make a luthier cringe, but I never expected something with f-holes to be that loud. Been putting more time into playing that lately... it hasn't been played much in 40 years, so needs some love. No amp required.

Is your dad still around to hear you play?  Sometimes objects have soul besides just sound and playability.

8 hours ago, Grem said:

And then into this rig:

I love your pedal board.  Right now I am reviving one of these

image.png.876ccfbc149bb036ab1f00d164e4d7db.png

Through a 77 fender twin that is in need of some major TLC

image.png.9b817d52a6be11af5c262ac1b7556d6c.png

I just haven't spent as much time on it as the Mustang lately.

21 hours ago, Sheens said:

not bad aigh ? 

knot bad at all.  It is more than just about Qatars if you like.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jesse Screed said:

That is a wonderful guitar.  Do you have a pickup position you prefer or do you go all in?

Don't know if you know this, but the early Wolfgang's had the pickup selector switch reversed (The bridge is all the way up and neck down) opposite of a les paul. I have heard that is the way Eddie liked it.

I usually just use the bridge for crunch and distorted tones and both for cleaner tones.