Cherry Audio Releases GX-80 Synthesizer!

cclarry

A virtual reproduction of the CS-80 has long been the most popular request from Cherry Audio fans. Not only is the wait over, but Cherry Audio has delivered MORE with the new GX-80!

Get GX-80 Now!

GX-80 is Cherry Audio's visionary new flagship synthesizer - over a year in the making - that combines the unparalleled sound and features of the fabled GX-1 "Dream Machine" and its renowned descendant the CS-80 to create a powerhouse hybrid.

GX-80 is not just another CS-80 emulation. GX-80 adapts the legendary GX-1's massive dual-layers, additional waveforms, and unique filters, making it the equivalent of two CS-80s and then some! When enhanced with GX-80's discrete layer volume and panning controls, the result is a colossal dual-layer voicing architecture with 16 polyphonic voices per layer, capable of sounding two different CS-80 style sounds simultaneously in a split or stacked layer mode.

To provide the ultimate expressive performance, GX-80 includes a split keyboard mode and support for both polyphonic and monophonic aftertouch controllers. Further, Cherry Audio has added an innovative "last-note priority" mode for simulated poly aftertouch response with a monophonic channel aftertouch controller.

With its dual-layer interface, over 1,000 stunning presets from expert sound designers, and integrated studio-quality effects, GX-80 is a singular effort worthy of the "flagship" label.

The rarity and exorbitant cost of the GX-1 and the CS-80 have made it impossible for most musicians to experience these legendary instruments. That's why Cherry Audio is making its flagship GX-80 synthesizer available at the astoundingly low price of only $59! GX-80 is also available as part of Cherry Audio's comprehensive new Synth Stack 3 collection, which features all of its virtual instruments at an even more affordable price.

GX-80 is available now at cherryaudio.com and authorized resellers worldwide for Windows and macOS, with macOS 13 Ventura and native Apple M1 processor support, including Apple M1 Ultra. GX-80 is provided in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats, and a free 30-day demo is available.

Visit cherryaudio.com for a complete list of features, exciting launch videos, testimonials from industry professionals, earthshaking demo tracks, and system requirements.

Get GX

$59

https://cherryaudio.com/products/gx-80

• Like 10

1 hour ago, kopa said:

If you own already all other synths you can get it for about 29 by upgrading to Synth Stack 3.

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/cherry-audio-synth-stack-3

You mean $299????? 🤯
Edit: I see where you said Own all other synths.
My upgrade was $299....

It does look amazing however!

Edited by Simeon Amburgey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig N said:

I'll probably grab it when it comes down to $29 in 6 months. 

In the end,  that's what all of the deep discounting these devs has done to us. They've conditioned us that 15, 20, 25, 30 and even 35% off isn't a big deal. If you can just wait it out, they'll be a massive discount. And that's often the case. Now giving advice to at least a couple dozen sample and plugin developers,  I've advised all of them not to engage in super deep discounting,  that it will train the market to wait on that pricing and condition them that the actual value of your product is the discounted price. There's no greater example of this than Waves. If I was to tell you that I was struggling financially but just about to purchase a Waves plugin I like that isn't currently on sale and is now at its regular price of $229 USD, you'd probably tell me to wait for the next sale (which would likely be within hours!) where it would likely cost $29,-39 USD. Am I right? 

So these devs have unintentionally trained us to wait until we see deep discounting. A bunch of folks here have noticed that some popular developers have even inflated their regular prices so that they can promote their sales prices as greater discounts. This actually has been occurring a lot more frequently in the samples and plugin market in the last couple years than at any other point its existed since the web. I'm sure a lot of us have been around long enough to have noticed. 

28 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

In the end,  that's what all of the deep discounting these devs has done to us. They've conditioned us that 15, 20, 25, 30 and even 35% off isn't a big deal. If you can just wait it out, they'll be a massive discount. And that's often the case. Now giving advice to at least a couple dozen sample and plugin developers,  I've advised all of them not to engage in super deep discounting,  that it will train the market to wait on that pricing and condition them that the actual value of your product is the discounted price. There's no greater example of this than Waves. If I was to tell you that I was struggling financially but just about to purchase a Waves plugin I like that isn't currently on sale and is now at its regular price of $229 USD, you'd probably tell me to wait for the next sale (which would likely be within hours!) where it would likely cost $29,-39 USD. Am I right? 

So these devs have unintentionally trained us to wait until we see deep discounting. A bunch of folks here have noticed that some popular developers have even inflated their regular prices so that they can promote their sales prices as greater discounts. This actually has been occurring a lot more frequently in the samples and plugin market in the last couple years than at any other point its existed since the web. I'm sure a lot of us have been around long enough to have noticed. 

Cherry Audio made their name with these bargain priced plugins, and my experience so far has been that the quality is commensurate with their pricing at the low end. Lots of people are evidently happy with the motto "close enough is good enough" when the price is right.

Their DCO 106 synth is a cheap and cheerful clone. I bought it for $29ish and enjoyed using it until I started comparing the sound quality with Softube and TAL. 

I happily paid much more for Softube and TAL's Juno clones. The great irony is that I use them less than I did the Cherry Audio DCO 106 because they're not as cheerful to use. 

I hope one day I will be convinced that the sound quality of Cherry Audio's synths competes with the best of the best. Until that time, I'll wait for a good bargain before throwing them any more money 😊

• Like 1

Streamed live on Sep 16, 2022

Edit: this was just prior to their release of Cherry Audio "Sines". GX-80 was still on the drawing board and no hints were dropped here about it. The "teaser" in this video was referring to "Sines". But this is an interesting view into their synth design approach.

"Music Technology Discussion with Rob Puricelli, Ben Simpson, Kent Spong and our very special guests, Dan Goldstein & Mitchell Sigman of Cherry Audio! This week we're delighted to welcome back Dan & Mitchell of Cherry Audio, a company that in the last few years has grown its reputation for quality, affordable and quite excellent software synths that emulate some of the more quirky synthesizer classics such as the ARP Quadra, Jupiter 4 and Realistic MG-1, as well as classics like the Memorymoog and Polymoog, their own Dreamsynth and their latest instrument Elka-X!"

• 0:00 - Intro and welcomes
  • 7:05 - Cherry Audio Interview Pt.1 - https://www.cherryaudio.com
  • 56:15 - WORLD PREMIERE! New Cherry Audio Synth Teaser!!
  • 1:02:00 - Cherry Audio Interview Pt.2
  • 1:35:18 - Korg Drumlogue
  • 1:45:15 - Intech Studio Knot MIDI Interface
  • 1:53:32 - Hypersynth launch Rev.2 versions of their HCard range for Yamaha DX synths and Roland D50
  • 2:02:28 - Michael Whalen puts his Physical Synthesis CICADA 'Founders Edition' Instrument up for sale (Serial No.1)
  • 2:11:20 - SECOND CHANCE LOOK! New Cherry Audio Synth Teaser!!
  • 2:12:35 - Thank yous and goodbye!
Edited by abacab

For those who didn't get the memo:

CTO Dan Goldstein and Lead Designer Mitchell Sigman will be joined by Sound Design Lead James Terris as Cherry Audio returns as special guests in the next livestream of Pro Synth Network LIVE! Take a break from Black Friday madness and go behind the scenes of the new flagship synth and more this Friday, November 25th.

• Thanks 1

I picked this up (purchased) during John's weekly Plugin Guru livestream.
It is massive, and has such a depth to it, that is kind of hard to explain.
Only a short time with it but I also have the Arturia version as well, so that might be interesting to listen to the two of them side by side.

More adventures to come I'm sure.

Joyfully,
Simeon

15 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

I picked this up (purchased) during John's weekly Plugin Guru livestream.
It is massive, and has such a depth to it, that is kind of hard to explain.
Only a short time with it but I also have the Arturia version as well, so that might be interesting to listen to the two of them side by side.

More adventures to come I'm sure.

Joyfully,
Simeon

Agreed! This synth sounds great! :)

The only legitimate complaint might be that the original CS-80 front panel was massive and complex, so a virtual version is likely difficult to fit well on a small computer screen. I do find it quite usable on a 27" HD monitor. But anything smaller might be a challenge, especially on a laptop display panel .

I also have the Arturia CS-80 V, but I think they will complement each other well! The GX-80 has 1,000+ factory presets, so lots to explore!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 12:36 AM, dee said:

new synth stack V3 is better deal if you wish to update, it gave me 81usd to upgrade for Lowdown, Elka X, Sines and new GX-80 so about $20 a piece

loggin to see your upgrade price

My upgrade would be $100 for adding Elka-X, GX-80, Lowdown, Sines and Miniverse. Also $20 per synth.

But as much as I like Cherry Audio instruments I'll wait for $70 or less for this deal.

OTOH I could not resist getting the Rackmode Modules for Voltage modular for $35:

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/rackmode-module-collection

And also the HetrickCV Vol2 for $15 (I got vol1 for the same price in a previous BF):

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/hetrickcv-volume-2

That's what I call a Deal!

The Rackmode bundle is also available as standalone plugins for use in a DAW but without the control voltages I think they would not achieve their full capacity as sound processing devices.

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 1