Theme easy on eyes (update)soft yellow meters

martsave martin s

@martins,

First I use "ALT + PrntScr" to capture a screen shot to the Windows clipboard.

Then I open a free image program called Irfanview (available at the link below).

"Ctrl + V  pastes the screen shot into Irfanview.

I use Irfanview to enlarge and center the image as desired.

I press "ALT + PrntScr" to take a second screen shot.

Close and open Irfanview to flush old image

"Ctrl + V  to paste the new and enlarged screen shot into Irfanview.

Optional press F12 to open an Irfanview version of Paint and add text, arrows, or other items as desired.

Save edited image to my desktop.

Upload image to cloud storage.

Obtain image url from cloud storage provider

Paste image url into Cakewalk by BandLab forum post.

It takes longer to read the steps than to perform them.

Here is the link I forgot to post:  https://www.irfanview.com/

Edited by fogle622
Add Irfanview link

There are many Windows graphic viewer programs.  For users that is a good thing!  I've been using Irfanview since the mid nineties when it was a young program. 

I don't think Irfanview's developer likes XnView's developer.  Irfanview's developer states that XnView uses Irfanview code.    

snip ... unlike some other graphic viewers, whose whole "creativity" is based on feature cloning, stealing of ideas and whole dialogs from ACDSee and/or IrfanView! (for example: XnView has been stealing/cloning features and whole dialogs from IrfanView, for 10+ years).

https://www.irfanview.com/main_what_is_engl.htm

Edited by fogle622

On 8/21/2019 at 12:00 PM, Jim Fogle said:

There are many Windows graphic viewer programs.  For users that is a good thing!  I've been using Irfanview since the mid nineties when it was a young program. 

I don't think Irfanview's developer likes XnView's developer.  Irfanview's developer states that XnView uses Irfanview code.    

https://www.irfanview.com/main_what_is_engl.htm

Looks more like he's  complaining about features rather than code as such. The XnView developer(s) couldn't be bothered to write their own dialog text? Annoying to the original developer, I guess, but if something works, you can change it for the sake of changing it, or "go with the tried and true." I lean toward the latter myself, although I haven't seen the two side by side.

I, too have been using and recommending IrfanView since the '90's, used ACDsee before that in a professional environment. It's kind of odd how you have to do some digging to set up clean UI photo browsers on Windows and MacOS, to this day. The built in image viewers in both of them are kind of dire, IMO.

Jim, what cloud storage provider do you find works best for posting images in this way? I have been eternally frustrated in my attempts to post legible screenshots to this forum. At the moment I've given up and just post the raw url. People can click on it if they're interested.

• 8 months later...