Plugin Alliance: PA ALL BUNDLE 2022 - R2O (Rent-2-Own Version)

MusicMan

2 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

Creative and well worth it for someone new or with only aĀ few of their plugs, but no.

If your new to this, and don't have many quality plugins, it's a great deal.Ā 

Not IK Total Max great, but getting closer!! :)Ā 

Ā 

[edit] TOTP!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jan Schmitz said:

Same. I went through the rest of the plugins and had a look at which ones I would actually install and how much I would pay for them in reality. Came up to $240. Pass.

The thing that I have in mind as well, is that it's better to cover some different developers that add some new ideas, sounds, etc. I love a heap of PA stuff, but I'm getting more inspired by some of the plugins from other companies that just sound different. I picked up some of the Overloud plugins today and I would say they add a flavour I don't get from PA. PA do have some new cool plugins and I'm probably going to end up with Kirchhoff-EQ, but overall this feels like I'd just be getting more of the same.

I think there's probably a sweet spot too.. I suspect I own too many of the plugins, but if someone was starting, or owns a lot less of them, I think this deal could even be quite good.

299$Ā šŸ˜

I've done the math:

- plugins I'd want from PA at sale prices: 100-150$

- cost of PA plugins I own , don't really use, and would happily let go: 200$+Ā 

Holidays are near, and in the spirit of Dirk's generous offer, I'd accept a 1-for-1 trade with PA. Quick and easy, no need to mess with kvr sale threads or silly bundles.Ā 

Ā Ā  Ā giphy.gif

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Jan Schmitz said:

200? Amateur. That's just my ā€ždark blue granular synths by developers starting with Kā€œ folder.

Oh - instruments / sample libraries too?? 6 TB (stripped down). 350 sample libraries, synths, etc. If I installed all of Creative Cloud,Ā Komplete CEĀ  & Spitfire I'd need to go back to mechanical drives.

3 minutes ago, Grem said:

That's where I am leaning right now.

Very impressed by the Overlouds. I love all of the ones I grabbed. I picked up the 5 GEMS from JRRShop forĀ $209.16. They're pretty expensive when not on sale, but that worked out around $42 each which gets them in the ballpark of a lot of the competition. But the sound...Ā ā˜ŗļø

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fitzroy said:

299$Ā šŸ˜

I've done the math:

- plugins I'd want from PA at sale prices: 100-150$

- cost of PA plugins I own , don't really use, and would happily let go: 200$+Ā 

Holidays are near, and in the spirit of Dirk's generous offer, I'd accept a 1-for-1 trade with PA. Quick and easy, no need to mess with kvr sale threads or silly bundles.Ā 

Ā Ā  Ā giphy.gif

Ā 

For me is something similar... more than 40 plugins and I don't use some of them... to have a lot does not mean need them

The amount is not important but also the quality

1 hour ago, Fwrend said:

Just for reference, my email offer was $299 or $29.99/mo x 10. Ā I have 75 ofĀ their plugs currently. Little embarrassed by that considering I have iZotope, FabFilter and Waves but hey, lookĀ where I hang out!!

I've got over 90 and that includes most of the heavy hitter stuff outside of new releases in the past few months (though I do have the new EQ just released due to forever 29).

It seems they just have a few tiers and don't truly account for the value of what an individual has.

I checked another one with a 399 deal and the out of pocket cost event at the highest discounts difference would have been $600 easy in prior purchases.

So unless Bapu says his price to upgrade is $50, I'm guessing they capped the all bundle at $300 (plus the loyalty discounts).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

Still a lot of money.Ā 

Having worked on streamlining my setup and removing stuff I never use, this looks like overkill to me. By the way: Are there contests for the highest plugin count? This would explain a lot.Ā 

GAS always uses the formula of it's $ per plugin.Ā Ā  The term no brainer for me is lack of using it when making a purchase.

To me this seems like a deal of desperation from PA. The economy and greater amounts of competition may have something to do with it.

Plus being inconsistent with their deals and changing the voucher terms probably put a lot of people off.Ā 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Which ones do you recommend I should take out for a spin?

Comp LA and Comp G are great takes on classics, and not that anyone needs another eq, but EQ550 is quite versatile. Dimension sounds good enough that I'll go for the deal on Modula. The Echoson was great sounding, but had another, holding off on that. Comp670 gets used as a placeholder for the AA F/C, not quite giving me the "goto' vibe/edginess. they all come with a nice set of well thought out and highly usable extras, including the "scribble strip". jmho.

5 hours ago, MusicMan said:

the sound...

Edited by jackson white
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Grem said:

If your new to this, and don't have many quality plugins, it's a great deal.Ā 

Not IK Total Max great, but getting closer!! :)Ā 

Ā 

[edit] TOTP!

From what little wisdom I've gained RennMaxx would be sufficient.

I've got all of the TRacks and Melda and no telling how many I actually opened.

• Like 1

IMO this deal is not very good!

Look at me for example, I have about 80 PA plugins. Honestly, most of them I purchased as impulse buy or to use the monthly voucher. Do I need them? I think there are maximum 20 that I really use and like. If I look at the ones that I don't have, then I have to admit that there are only about 3 or 4 that I am really interested in and about 5 others that I would also buy for a good price. Thus buying the All Bundle would be worse than the montly $29.99 deal. No impulse buy deals indeed!

Frankly I am neither a friend of plugin bundles, nor of subscription! Why? Because in both cases you pay for a lot of stuff that you do not need and you as customer cannot define anymore what plugin is worth the price (by selecting the ones you like). In the end this leads to a lesser effort in those companies, they rest on their laurels and don't produce what is required/desired!Ā 

I think for aĀ healthy competition it is much better if we cherry pick the plugins we like from different vendors, but YMMV!

• Like 1

I already have 137 plugins in my PA account šŸ˜³Ā and got the code for $299.

The Forever 29 coupon didn't work (expected, but why not give it a try?...)

The $75 voucher did work, so it is everything for $224

This is the only non-subscription option that includes the mega-sampler šŸ¤”

Something to note is that the promotion is different from the "old everything bundle" in that it includes everything as of right now. There is no ambiguity on what exactly you're getting.

14 minutes ago, mister_tea said:

Is everyone getting these via email?

I have over 100, since the bx_tuner days,Ā but only receivedĀ the full $799 offer.Ā 

I might have lapsed out of the loyalty tiers though, I'm back at the $25 one.

I would wait a few days. Everything gets resent several times anyway. And perhaps it's getting cheaper at the end, who knows...