Plugin Alliance: PA ALL BUNDLE 2022 - R2O (Rent-2-Own Version)

MusicMan

14 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Which ones do you recommend I should take out for a spin?

For the Overloud GEMS, I started with the COMP LA mainly for the 3A to replace the Waves version, but I really quite like the 2A which is included as well. You can switch between both versions inside the plugin. It has Mid/Side and saturation can be dialed in so you get a little, or as much as you like.

From the 5 Gem bundle I just got:

• COMP670 COMPRESSOR LIMITER
    • It's simply better than any of my Fairchild 670 emulations and like the LA, it's Mid/Side and can dial in harmonics as needed.
    • It also includes 3 different studios you can select that they've emulated.
  • TAPEDESK
    • I have plenty of tapes and I like the others too. This does respond a little differently and I like how it sounds. It's light on CPU compared to some of my other favourites as well. It also has 3 different pres it emulates that you can select from and they sound quite different to each other (S4000,N80,T88) . It seems to do that tape saturation thing well where it gives it a bit more body.
  • DOPAMINE
    • I thought it was a gimmick, but people rave about it so I tried it. It works in a similar fashion to exciters and I did wonder if I could just recreate it with EQ, but it does seem to add a little something more. It's selectable between 361 and 180 models.
  • EQ495 - SUPER-MUSICAL EQ
    • Actually their summary is pretty good. It's just a really nice EQ with curves that work on a lot of material.
  • VOICE
    • This was a last minute inclusion and I don't like all in ones normally. But it includes a lot of different analog emulations and there's nothing that says it can only be used on voice. But the presets are really good jumping off spots and the de-box are simple and effective. It is more expensive to buy which makes sense as it includes, tape, de-ess/de-box, EQ, delay and other emulations but it is included in the GEM bundles, so it's no more expensive.

I'd already been demoing the first 3 a lot, some with the EQ495 and then voice I just started giving a run in the Black Friday sale, so I don't have quite as much time with that one. I've added some notes about some things that stood out.

They all have a certain level of decent analogue emulation. They're not analogue of course, but they're closer to that sound and response than many others that try. They also sound nice and wide, but natural.

The others are probably amazing too, but I have lots of the others in different developers and I'm 100% happy with my choice after using these ones 🙂

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

With all of the Plugin Alliance plugins that I own, I received no email with an extra discount.
That's a pretty sad statement.  I wouldn't use it, but just the fact that I didn't get one is
pretty revealing

You mean you discovered a non-random pattern in the way your spam filter is acting up? Could it really be... ?  😮😲

d6605d46b38aba9061943b6014258db651118eef

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

With all of the Plugin Alliance plugins that I own, I received no email with an extra discount.
That's a pretty sad statement.  I wouldn't use it, but just the fact that I didn't get one is
pretty revealing

Me neither. Maybe it's based on spending patterns/willingness to take subscriptions?

No code either and i have near 70 plugins if i recall well ... but i don t care ...

As for overloud the 495 is superb , the fairchild is a beast , tapedesk a classic , dopamine i sold it , superb but never uses it lol 

• 1 month later...

Anyone who have seen this on the checkout page? Got so frustrated cause I got to use the 10 x $29.99 code that I got today. After I had added my paypal account I got the msg that said that the code has been used in a different order. How come? I can still add it at but after the confirmation it failed. So frustrated...

BeforePaypal.thumb.png.e5d08950e387812d2f5046e316a4e828.png

AfterPaypal.thumb.png.ef0f8eab0d5fd6853dce5e177445d006.png

36 minutes ago, Dan Ceder said:

Anyone who have seen this on the checkout page? Got so frustrated cause I got to use the 10 x $29.99 code that I got today. After I had added my paypal account I got the msg that said that the code has been used in a different order. How come? I can still add it at but after the confirmation it failed. So frustrated...

BeforePaypal.thumb.png.e5d08950e387812d2f5046e316a4e828.png

AfterPaypal.thumb.png.ef0f8eab0d5fd6853dce5e177445d006.png

Plugin alliance will allow you to add to the cart a code that has already been used, giving false hope. They check when you go to pay and then tell you the code has been used. I've had this happen previously. If you came across the code online somewhere, or someone else gave you the code for the $29.99 price (rather than PA themselves) you're too late, it's been used. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.