[Solved] Any way to prevent head tracker loading?

Keni

This is in Abbey Road 3 virtual monitoring.

Anytime it is added or a song is opened that contains it, it also opens the head tracker software which I don't use.

I've looked but cannot find any way of preventing this. Does anyone know a way?

Edited by Keni

To fix this for NX you need to rename the app's folder.  I think I've posted about this before (perhaps on the old forum).  Not sure it would work on the AR version or not.

I renamed "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V10\WavesHeadTracker" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V10\WavesHeadTrackerOFF"

I think.  Been a while since I did this.

• Thanks 3

The head tracker is a separate exe.  If it's not there, NX won't/can't launch it.  But every time you update NX it comes back (so you have to keep either deleting it or renaming it).  The plugin is completely separate from the head tracker (which starts up every time you load it and is very annoying if you don't own the tracker)

Thanks Matthew!  Got it working. No more annoying pop ups. You’d think turning the tracker off would instruct it not to open??!duh?  Don’t think I will use it too much, but the headphone EQ seems to allow some small details to be more audible. Nice Second Check for the mix. 

Thanks

I like NX when using headphones, even without the tracker it helps give the audio some space/depth.  It works well with Sonarworks headphone plugin as well (if NX/AR doesn't support your headphone model).  And just in case you were wondering it doesn't matter which order you put the two plugins in, I did extensive tests.  Output is the same regardless of order.  At least for my ATH-M50X the Sonarworks EQ is better than the Wave's one.  The head tracker popup though really should be an option, still not sure why they haven't changed that.

• 4 months later...

I had this problem myself when I purchased and installed the ARS3 plugin. I have no need and no intention of using the NX Head Tracker and was starting to really get annoyed with the plugin popping up every time.

For Mac users, the plugin can be located here: Macintosh HD/Applications/Waves/Plugins V11/WavesHeadTracker

Just rename the WavesHeadTracker plugin to WavesHeadTrackerOff, that will solve the problem.  Big thanks to  Matthew Sorrels for sharing this workaround!

Edited by whitecatcafe
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whitecat said:

I had this problem myself when I purchased and installed the ARS3 plugin. I have no need and no intention of using the NX Head Tracker and was starting to really get annoyed with the plugin popping up every time.

For Mac users, the plugin can be located here: Macintosh HD/Applications/Waves/Plugins V11/WavesHeadTracker

Just rename the WavesHeadTracker plugin to WavesHeadTrackerOff, that will solve the problem.  Big thanks to  Matthew Sorrels for sharing this workaround!

Thanks Whitecat!

just what the doctor ordered...

I found it in program files (x86)/waves/v10 (maybe another folder deeper but I don’t recall)

Renaming did the trick!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 7/21/2019 at 1:46 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

To fix this for NX you need to rename the app's folder.  I think I've posted about this before (perhaps on the old forum).  Not sure it would work on the AR version or not.

I renamed "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V10\WavesHeadTracker" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V10\WavesHeadTrackerOFF"

I think.  Been a while since I did this.

On 7/23/2019 at 9:17 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

I like NX when using headphones, even without the tracker it helps give the audio some space/depth.  It works well with Sonarworks headphone plugin as well (if NX/AR doesn't support your headphone model).  And just in case you were wondering it doesn't matter which order you put the two plugins in, I did extensive tests.  Output is the same regardless of order.  At least for my ATH-M50X the Sonarworks EQ is better than the Wave's one.  The head tracker popup though really should be an option, still not sure why they haven't changed that.

Thanks!  Just what I was looking for.  Still not optional in V11 ...