8Dio black friday starts - almost all libraries on sale / update vouchers not work for now in these sales /

Kreveta Puket

https://8dio.com/

update:For now no promo codes and loyality vouchers too not work in these BF - only on full prize items 😕

for sample : Majestica 2.0 - $120

https://8dio.com/products/majestica-2-0

Supercluster $2.40

https://8dio.com/products/supercluster

Forgotten Voices Francesca- 14.40

https://8dio.com/products/new-forgotten-voices-francesca-for-kontakt-vst-au-aax?variant=41310014013640

Edited by Kreveta Puket
  • Thanks 1

Funny thing, I was just messing about tonight with the free Soundpaint libraries and thinking they were the best-sounding thing since Chromophone. Then popped over here and was thinking "it'd be cool if 8Dio had a Black Friday sale."

Cha-ching!

Supercluster is a crazy deal at $2.40 if you're into drone-y ambient evolving sounds.

I will be PM'ing you for your promo code.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Funny thing, I was just messing about tonight with the free Soundpaint libraries and thinking they were the best-sounding thing since Chromophone. Then popped over here and was thinking "it'd be cool if 8Dio had a Black Friday sale."

Just a reminder that 8Dio libraries are for (full) Kontakt, and can't be used in SoundPaint

I was thinking about posting reviews of 8Dio libraries and going through a bunch last night. I found in every case they're never the best libraries of my collections. But at the current sale prices, some of the libraries are worth getting, but not if you have the budget for better quality,  better scripted libraries. Even libraries where scripting isn't that important,  like their vibraphone library,  the recording just sounds okay, but I never end up using it because I prefer my vibraphone libraries from  Xperimenta Project and  Orange Tree Samples, seem more crisp, have a more beautiful tone to my ear (and less room), but the samples seem like they're in a different league, just like 8Dios/SoundPaint's pianos don't seem to even come close to my better KONTAKT pianos from other developers that excel at piano libraries.  Of course, that is completely subjective, so your ears and  experience may be different. But when I've discussed this with two friends that both took sound engineering in college, they could articulate the reasons why and also had a good deal to say about the general 8Dio approach regarding scripting, which is that 8Dio is not really great at writing intuitive KONTAKT scripts. Their pianos and drums are okay. I  would advise against their guitar libraries.  Their strings can be a great value if you don't mind dumps of articulations that aren't well scripted and instead require lots of keyswitches, and tone quality that can vary between lovely and how in the world did those samples  make the cut? The quality can vary in their big string libraries. 8Dio, IMO, is a mixed bag and I think that is why they can't succeed at keeping their prices higher. The competition in that higher price range is superior whether we're talking about strings, pianos, drums and percussion or guitars. That's my unfiltered opinion. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Even libraries where scripting isn't that important,  like their vibraphone library,  the recording just sounds less than stellar to my ears.

Is there a possibility that this is because the samples are more unprocessed? e.g. a Toontrack EZX might sound 'better' than an SDX, as the EZX has been pre-processed with EQ and compression.

7 hours ago, antler said:

Is there a possibility that this is because the samples are more unprocessed? e.g. a Toontrack EZX might sound 'better' than an SDX, as the EZX has been pre-processed with EQ and compression.

The shortcomings are usually not about the processing. 

The vibraphone preset has a lot of room in it, which you can take out, and I like that better.  The vibraphone isn't that bad. It's just not as good as my other vibraphone libraries and that is, of course, my subjective opinion based on a factors like the tone of the instrument recorded, the recording itself and how much room is in the samples -- I do tend to like drier samples and generally avoid,  for example,  string libraries with a lot of room baked in. In the case of a vibraphone library, scripting isn't really a concern. So that's not a factor. It's one of those kind of libraries where if you hear a demo of it without external processing and you like it, buy it! One thing super nice about it is that it contains brushed and bowed articulations. Still, because I prefer those other libraries I've mentioned, I've never once used the 8Dio vibraphone library in a single project. I've always used the others I named above. 

As far as the strings, it's about the lack of intuitive scripting and the fact that when you get all of the articulations -- and for say, the Deep Solo Cello -- that's a ton of articulations,  some of the articulations the tone of the cello sounds lovely and some of the recordings, you wonder how they made the cut. I've noticed composers on VI Control making these observations about this and other 8Dio libraries. I could speculate why the quality can vary so much -- for example, is it the cost of studio time and the rush to get big projects out -- but all I know for sure is the end result on my computer.  Now. I actually did decide recently that I'm going to try to use my Deep Solo Cello a bit and started setting up custom keyswitches for the various articulations, and I think that I may come to appreciate it a bit more than I have historically. 

Edited by PavlovsCat