Command Center still needed? Sonar Professional?

Tony p

Hello all,

Just wondering if there's any benefit to keep Cakewalk Command Center around. I don't think I've noticed any updates since Bandlab took over. I am having some issues with Melodyne and I'm wondering if it has to do with Command Center. It's showing as having version 1.0001.something meanwhile I've downloaded the latest version which says 4.2.

On a related note, any reason to keep Sonar Professional?

Thank you

The Cakewalk Command Center like all Cakewalk products are not being maintained. That said, the Command Center is useful for installing and activating SONAR Home/Artist/Professional and Platinum. All of these have plug-ins not bundled with CbB. All the plug-ins bundled with 64bit SONAR may be used in CbB. Some of the later plug-ins bundled with Professional and Platinum require those products be installed for their installers to run.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, scook said:

All of these have plug-ins not bundled with CbB. All the plug-ins bundled with 64bit SONAR may be used in CbB. Some of the later plug-ins bundled with Professional and Platinum require those products be installed for their installers to run.

I figured since they're already installed I wouldn't need Command Center anymore. I might just uninstall it and test it out.

After everything is installed, the Command Center is not necessary unless something gets messed up and needs to be reinstalled. Removing the Command Center does not free up much space (<100MB).

If you have not archived the installers from the Command Center cache, this is something to do that will free up quite a bit of disk space. The default for the download cache is a hidden folder - "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scook said:

After everything is installed, the Command Center is not necessary unless something gets messed up and needs to be reinstalled. Removing the Command Center does not free up much space (<100MB).

If you have not archived the installers from the Command Center cache, this is something to do that will free up quite a bit of disk space. The default for the download cache is a hidden folder - "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads"

Sweet. Thank you