On 7/13/2019 at 8:50 PM, Grem said:

Some nice playing Kenny. Really like the touch you use. Sounds like you played it on a guitar like in the pic!

Hi Grem ,

Yes , the way I touch a note and or a phrase is super important too me . A good deal of my practice and playing time is spent exploring the subtle aspects of touch induced dynamics and the tonal  articulations that have become available to me as a result of my time spent digging for touch induced tone gold  ...

When it comes time to play I choose to clear my head and just go on pure instinct ...

Thank you for the song listen .

20 hours ago, SPAK said:

Blimey! Now that's playin' boy .... great stuff ....

Steve

Thank you Steve !

18 hours ago, antler said:

Really good playing on a really good tune!

I think the tambourine and vocals might be a tiny bit loud, but the mix otherwise sounds great to me.

Great work!

Hi antler,

The tune itself just celebrated 20 years last month ...you may be ball park right about the some of the levels I printed in my mix .

At the time those were the levels I felt conveyed the most  maximum enjoyment to me as a listener of this version of the song  ...

As always I appreciate when people enjoy my guitar playing  and it is not something I take for granted ...

I am one of the few people you will ever meet on this forum that will ask the 64 thousand dollar question ...

Why  listen to me ? When there is at least a million other guitar players you can easily listen too ....

IMHO , that is one of the only questions I feel is worth asking ....at least of myself ...

thanks .

14 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Nice playing Kenny.

Thank You Mr Wookiee !

all the best,

Kenny

Living here in central/south FL I have been exposed to a number of Latin styles of music.  I'll be doggoned if you haven't done an excellent job on this style of Latin Rock.  Excellent playing and I got a kick out of the background vox  ---  nice touch (nice touch on that guitar also).  Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed this. 

On 7/14/2019 at 9:39 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Nice tone on that guitar, reminds of when I heard Bad Benson for the first time

After reading your post I did give Bad Benson a listen . Yes my tone does sound a little like his because of the type of guitar I'm using 

George's playing is a lot more intense than mine is on my song ...the good news is , after all these years of playing I'm finally able to copy him ...

thank you for the listen

On 7/14/2019 at 7:16 PM, jwnicholson78 said:

I did indeed enjoy the guitar playing.

Thank you very much . I appreciate you taking the time to listen to my playing and posting a comment  here.

On 7/14/2019 at 7:23 PM, emeraldsoul said:

I will confess to an eye-roll when I hear this song, it's the one "latin" piece that everyone in the bar knows and claims. YMMV

🤣

My mothers whole side of the family is Latin & I am very proud of my biological roots and heritage ...

I grew up listening and playing Latin music w my relatives  . I had gotten a pretty good idea of what constitutes a wide range of Latin Music ...

Old Santana is definitely what I would consider as decent Latin Music ...this tune is what I consider  Latin Music L E .....😂

On 7/14/2019 at 7:23 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Holy jesus that is some mighty fine noodlin' there, Kenny! It redeems the piece, and then some!!!

-Tom

Hi Tom , thank you for the kind words you said on my playing ....

Yes , playing is about the only thing I got going right , that plus my dog because the rest of my life is usually a mess ...

I hope in the end that my playing not only redeems the piece but adds a little more value to my Life too ...

as far as my dog goes he don't like when I use high gain distortion so that's a gig reason why people hear my playing  using a lot of clean sounds .

On 7/15/2019 at 11:56 AM, amiller said:

Very “Smooth.”😊

Tank You Berry Much ...Did you get dat silly Wabbit w that SSSSShotgun your avatar is holding ?

For those that are wondering what I'm talking about  . amillers avatar was a cartoon parody of Elmer Keith ....

I read up on Elmer Keith a few years back .I found it interesting  some of the things he had done ...a lot of modern shooters owe a lot to him  

thanks for the song listen ,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

“Tank You Berry Much ...Did you get dat silly Wabbit w that SSSSShotgun your avatar is holding ?

For those that are wondering what I'm talking about  . amillers avatar was a cartoon parody of Elmer Keith ....

I read up on Elmer Keith a few years back .I found it interesting  some of the things he had done ...a lot of modern shooters owe a lot to him”

Actually, my avatar has to do with a run in I had with a family of raccoons that had invaded my attic.  I tried everything, including trapping and removing them but nothing worked.  When they started chewing holes in the attic floor to enter my kitchen...let’s  just say, sadly, it did not end well for one of the raccoons.

On 7/16/2019 at 4:09 AM, daryl1968 said:

Holy Santana Batman! Spicy noodles

That comment brought out a laugh ..thank you for that .

On 7/16/2019 at 9:45 AM, Joad said:

very nice.

I'm glad you thought so .thanks

On 7/16/2019 at 12:08 PM, freddy j said:

Living here in central/south FL I have been exposed to a number of Latin styles of music.  I'll be doggoned if you haven't done an excellent job on this style of Latin Rock.  Excellent playing and I got a kick out of the background vox  ---  nice touch (nice touch on that guitar also).  Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed this. 

Yes , sure , I bet you hear some very good Latin Music in your area  ...P.R. Cuba , the islands are all a big part of your area's Geo sound .

I'm glad you liked what I did to the track I played over , I'm seriously considering doing a few traditional Latin Jazz  tunes in the future .

( or creating my own from scratch )

Many years ago  I was very good friends with Dizzy's guitar player ..Ed Cherry , ...he brought me around to all the hip music scenes ...

As much as I loved Dizzy's Be Bop I Loved his Latin Jazz even more ...Hearing Dizzy play Latin Jazz w Paquito D'Rivera and or Tito Puente was some of the most intense music I ever heard ...loved hearing Ignacio Berroa, and   Jorge Dalto with some of those line ups ...

thank you for the kind word on my playing . I appreciate what you said .

all the best ,

Kenny

On 7/17/2019 at 9:03 AM, Lynn said:

Once upon a time, I took guitar lessons from a jazz stylist like you, but it didn't rub off, unfortunately.

Hi Lynn,

Hey man don't so feel bad . You sound good doing things the way you are doing things 

My first ever official guitar lesson didn't go exactly the way I wanted it to go either.

I sit down and my first real guitar teacher ( Gus DeGazio ) says to me " hey kid what do you want to learn " I tell him " I want to learn Secret Agent Man "

He leans over his guitar and pulls his glasses down low to look over them as he stared me down ....my throat felt dry and  lumpy as  I sat there frozen ...

After he noticed that I was frozen stupid and couldn't move  , he gets up , reaches over to a shelf and grabs a saxophone book and the Mickey Baker book.

He hands both of those books to me and  says" here kid this is what we are gonna learn to play on the guitar" . I never did learn Secret Agent Man .

After a few years w Gus he then sends me off to study with Joe Puma .

I  took a bus and then walked 2 miles to get to his house . After I got settled in Joe asks me "what do you want to learn" ?

I tell him "I want to learn to play How High The Moon"

He looks at me and says " why do you want to learn that song  ?" I tell him "I want to learn it because I like the way Joe Pass plays it "

He scowled  as he looked at me with a classic WTF look on his face ...lol

I wish I could tell you it got better fast it didn't...I then went to study Arnie Berle , Robert Yellin ,  Tony De Caprico , and then Barry Galbraith ,

You see by the time I got to Barry  I wised up , when he asked me what do I want to learn I told him" I'm here to learn anything you want to teach me "....

That approach came in handy because then I would later hook up w great  players such as Joe Pass Emily Remler , and Ed Cherry ...

I'm always still learning .....

On 7/17/2019 at 9:03 AM, Lynn said:

As always, your tone and phrasing are impeccable.  You're a light for the rest of us!

Hey Lynn , super nice of you to say that ......I'm on my way there ...yet, I still have a long ways to go ..thank you

On 7/18/2019 at 3:06 PM, garybrun said:

Nice playing with good tone and phrasing.

thank you I appreciate the listen .

On 7/18/2019 at 4:09 PM, bjornpdx said:

Kenny
I'm always blown away and inspired by your guitar playing. Would be cool to see a video performance some time.

Hi Bjorn ,

For a long time I wanted to transition over to doing u tube videos of my guitar playing . In the past I have done a few ...

Yikes after looking at my u tube page  I noticed the last real playing vid I did was 5 or 6 years ago ..

Yes in a way I'm long overdue .

In a way , I'm not really set up over here for it to do it right  .I need to get lights and a better camera ...all my vids were done on a Zoom Q3 ...

if poeple can deal with that type of quality I may step up again ..thank you for the kind words and suggestion .

On 7/18/2019 at 6:07 PM, amiller said:

“Tank You Berry Much ...Did you get dat silly Wabbit w that SSSSShotgun your avatar is holding ?

I read up on Elmer Keith a few years back .I found it interesting  some of the things he had done ...a lot of modern shooters owe a lot to him”

Actually, my avatar has to do with a run in I had with a family of raccoons that had invaded my attic.  I tried everything, including trapping and removing them but nothing worked.  When they started chewing holes in the attic floor to enter my kitchen...let’s  just say, sadly, it did not end well for one of the raccoons.

Sure I get it . Elmer Fudd is a cool cartoon character in his own right ... that poor old racoon might of been better off if Elmer gone after him because at least in the cartoons Elmer couldn't hit $hit  🤣

Bugs used to sit there chewing on a carrot talking away to the guy saying "What's Up Doc " ?

have a good one ,

Kenny