Mixed in Key 50% off BF Sale

Brian Lawler

35 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

https://mixedinkey.com/

50% off site-wide.  New release MIDI tools "Pilot Plugins"

Wonder how the new Pilot Plugins compares to the CP Epic suite (which I own)?

From a brief look at their videos these seem to be more like the recent Feelyoursound generators which I have and like (Trance Engine, Chillout Engine, HouseEngine). 

Can't see anything about a crossgrade price for existing CPE owners. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Wonder how the new Pilot Plugins compares to the CP Epic suite (which I own)?

From a brief look at their videos these seem to be more like the recent Feelyoursound generators which I have and like (Trance Engine, Chillout Engine, HouseEngine). 

Can't see anything about a crossgrade price for existing CPE owners. 

Yeah- It is kind of odd that it overlaps Epic suite.  Full disclosure- I am a beta tester for Pilot.  Actually I thought it was going to be free for Epic owners, but maybe I was mistakenly divining that from the beta forum.  Beta contributors also got NFR's.  If the price is going to be $99 (from site), that is way too much.  Not so sure about the $49 sale price TBH. I don't know if you bought Epic on release, but it was rushed out IMHO.  They did make a lot of fixes/additions after release.  Suspect similar from Pilot.  I like it and have had fun with it.   I think your comparison to the Feelyoursound offerings is spot-on.  I own Hauke's original offerings Sundog & Chord Potion, but not the genre tuned later releases, however I have demoed them.

Edited by Brian Lawler

2 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

Yeah- It is kind of odd that it overlaps Epic suite.  Full disclosure- I am a beta tester for Pilot.  Actually I thought it was going to be free for Epic owners, but I maybe I was mistakenly divining that from the beta forum.  Beta contributors also got NFR's.  If the price is going to be $99 (from site), that is way too much.  Not so sure about the $49 sale price TBH. I don't know if you bought Epic on release, but it was rushed out IMHO.  They did make a lot of fixes/additions after release.  Suspect similar from Pilot.  I like it and have had fun with it.   I think your comparison to the Feelyoursound offerings is spot-on.  I own Hauke's original offerings Sundog & Chord Potion, but not the genre tuned later releases, however I have demoed them.

Thanks for sharing your insights, Brian. That's funny as I am a beta tester for Hauke :) (and I also have Sundog and Chordpotion).

I bought Epic when it was released and have installed all the updates since then, including the latest which came with a free artist preset pack (by Rosbeh). 

It's good to have choices; we certainly have plenty of those these days!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Just looked at trance engine…$368?  Wowsers…

Yes, it's what Brian said; the expensive version allows you to batch-create MIDI files and sell them, whereas the cheap version only allows you to use them in your own commercial releases (but not to re-sell the MIDI files).

3 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Yes, it's what Brian said; the expensive version allows you to batch-create MIDI files and sell them, whereas the cheap version only allows you to use them in your own commercial releases (but not to re-sell the MIDI files).

Makes more sense.  Thanks. I’m a wanna be pro so I usually check out price of those versions first haha