Cakewalk and TH3 beeping noise

On 7/14/2019 at 4:25 AM, Murray Webster said:

Ah, thanks mettelus. If I set it to RIGHT the beep gets louder. If I set it to LEFT it disappears, so I assume that is the correct setting. I'll check my old system later 🙂

Cheers!

How do I set it right or left, what are you setting right or left? I'm not sure where the Master controls are apparently, cause I'm not seeing something I can switch that's left of a "turner"? Can you show me a picture, literally?

Sorry I'm a newb, but I need to know if I need to look at other DAW's before learning all the terminology for this one.

I experienced this beeping in Sony Vegas, and couldn't fix it. Didn't realize or forgot Cakewalk was by Sony  - then opened it up today to start using it (after a required update), added a noise effect, saw the identical looking interface, and was like "OH NO!". I knew it was coming, and sure enough, there was that awful beeping I couldn't fix in vegas. I know this isn't something I can just deal with in production, because from experience, I know it renders in, ...even though the beeps will move around if I hit play at different points in a recording.

Edited by PenguinX

On 9/13/2019 at 12:16 AM, PenguinX said:

How do I set it right or left, what are you setting right or left? I'm not sure where the Master controls are apparently, cause I'm not seeing something I can switch that's left of a "turner"? Can you show me a picture, literally?

Look at page 17 of the TH3 User Manual, at the top there is a status bar with the tuner in the middle, then going left "TUNER," "LIVE," and "MASTER." The "MASTER" button opens the "Master Controls" panel (page 7 in the manual), which allows you to set global parameters (that affect all patches). Mine is set to "LEFT" for the in source (I use a mono input that is left channel only).

On 9/13/2019 at 12:16 AM, PenguinX said:

even though the beeps will move around if I hit play at different points in a recording.

This sounds more like a VST that is in DEMO mode. I am not sure if this could be the issue for you, but sound (typically noise) that comes and goes at regular intervals is most often a plugin that has gone into demo mode or passed its trial end date.