Dune 3

cclarry

46 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

For some reason I had written Dune off as a "Rompler".  Maybe just the first glance at the UI.  Gotta admit that is sounds really good.  Would look nice in the garage parked next to Spire... 🙄

I have had Dune on my wishlist for a while. It sounds freakin awesome! Have Dune CM, and have tried the full Dune demo. But it keeps getting bumped to the backseat due to budget issues... 🙄

• Like 1

I bought it last night.  Started going through presets and was marking a lot of them as favorites.   Between Dune 3 and Spire (both amazing) I need to stop looking at synths for a while.  Zebra2 probably some day.  At least I don't expect that legacy price to go up.  BTW would you believe I looked for a reseller for Dune 3 to maybe snag a better deal.  Thomann had it for $131.  This morning they cut the price to $111.  Guess ya should wait until actual Black Friday to pull the trigger on stuff.  Agree completely that the Dune 3 UI is the weak point.  With 1000 presets included though, I can find something close and tweak it.

I had not looked at Dune before because I thought it was just a sample player.  I realized in my research that I was confabulating it with Nexus.  At least a couple years ago they had really similar looking UIs at a glance.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

I had not looked at Dune before because I thought it was just a sample player.  I realized in my research that I was confabulating it with Nexus.  At least a couple years ago they had really similar looking UIs at a glance.

From hearsay around the interwebs, I have heard that Dune 3 and Zebra 2 are possibly the best sounding synths available, based on their oscillators and filters. Not to mention that there are a lot of presets available for them.

I don't own either, but have the CM versions of both and have also tried the demo versions. Their full versions on are my shopping  list! :)

• Like 1