FabFilter Black Friday Sale

Wallace Ng

47 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

If there's one recommendation I get for effects plugins from audio pro friends over and over,  it's to buy FabFilter plugins. But they're certainly not cheap. 

I held off on FabFilter for years because of the expense. At the time I was pretty broke. Well, I still am tbh, but I've got my priorities straight now.

A forum legend by the name of Billy Arnell (bamidi, sadly now deceased) went out and unexpectedly bought me a copy of Pro-Q as a gift. That's all it took for me to become a FF fan. Now I've got nearly the entire collection. And yup, they really are that good.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

If there's one recommendation I get for effects plugins from audio pro friends over and over,  it's to buy FabFilter plugins. But they're certainly not cheap. 

I wont only because I'd be like the rest of the users and ditch all of the other developers plugins I wasted money on.

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I wont only because I'd be like the rest of the users and ditch all of the other developers plugins I wasted money on.

I realize you made that comment tongue-in-cheek, because nobody wants to think that the money they've already spent was for naught. But a more positive spin would be "I've got everything I need already, thank you".

And I couldn't agree more. Everybody already does, and that's the truth. Anyone who thinks spending $$$$ to have "the best" of everything will make them a better mixer is missing the point. 

• Like 3

I don't own one of  FF plugins, ive never been a plugin fan and tried to stick to craft with stock and free But then i consider some plugins are essential like good keys/synth plugin, i bought melodyne, Ozone 9 elements which i should upgrade to 10 advance but £265 English notes is steep when i could maybe spoend that type of money more wise with a few good plugins.  I.E.  Scheps Omni Channel  is $29 from $150 which is tempting and great for vocals apparently.  Everyone raves on about Decapitator which is £44 from £159.  i always need maybe a good comp with side chain lol

The  thing i could maybe justify buying at the moment is some type of noise gate filter that gets rid of the odd acoustic buzz, its my playing fingers getting old and with a de-esser etc type plugin 

FabFilter pro bundle is £465 and the mix version not much cheaper too much for me to justify lol 

26 minutes ago, whoisp said:

I don't own one of  FF plugins, ive never been a plugin fan and tried to stick to craft with stock and free But then i consider some plugins are essential like good keys/synth plugin, i bought melodyne, Ozone 9 elements which i should upgrade to 10 advance but £265 English notes is steep when i could maybe spoend that type of money more wise with a few good plugins.  I.E.  Scheps Omni Channel  is $29 from $150 which is tempting and great for vocals apparently.  Everyone raves on about Decapitator which is £44 from £159.  i always need maybe a good comp with side chain lol

The  thing i could maybe justify buying at the moment is some type of noise gate filter that gets rid of the odd acoustic buzz, its my playing fingers getting old and with a de-esser etc type plugin 

FabFilter pro bundle is £465 and the mix version not much cheaper too much for me to justify lol 

If you are considering free, may I suggest the Kilohearts gate. It works perfectly fine. https://kilohearts.com/products/gate

De-esser: The Techivation T-De-esser Plus: https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/8164-T-De-Esser

The gate and de-esser from Fabfilter are about the only ones I don't want from them and I feel don't justify the price. 

I got my eye on that Volcano 2 though...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

If you are considering free, may I suggest the Kilohearts gate. It works perfectly fine. https://kilohearts.com/products/gate

De-esser: The Techivation T-De-esser Plus: https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/8164-T-De-Esser

The gate and de-esser from Fabfilter are about the only ones I don't want from them and I feel don't justify the price. 

I got my eye on that Volcano 2 though...

Ive looked at that T-De_Esser a million times and even think i downloaded it, then noticed its in my plugin boutique downloads so i must have missed it and never actually downloaded it haha  

Does the Kilohearts gate have any close defaults presets to fine tune ?

6 minutes ago, whoisp said:

Ive looked at that T-De_Esser a million times and even think i downloaded it, then noticed its in my plugin boutique downloads so i must have missed it and never actually downloaded it haha  

Does the Kilohearts gate have any close defaults presets to fine tune ?

Kilohearts doesn't have presets, but the interface is very minimal (it's their style) and very easy to operate. 

• Like 1