Toontrack announces first of several Black Friday Week promotions

cclarry

Toontrack has announced the first set of deals for the week of Black Friday 2022. This year, Toontrack will present new offers Monday through Friday. The company encourages all customers to stay tuned to email, social media and the website to not miss any of these highly discounted offers.

As of today, November 21, the below offers are live and available through November 30, 2022.

EZkeys Upright Piano at 74% off regular price

EZkeys Hybrid Harp at 74% off regular price

Four selected EZkeys MIDI pack expansions at 60% off regular price

Find all current offers as well as terms and conditions at the below link. This site will be updated with new deals as they go live each day Monday through Friday

.https://www.toontrack.com/black-friday/

Edited by cclarry

11 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I should have picked up Independent when there was a killer deal flash sale on it last year. That's the next library of theirs I want.

worth bearing mind Indiependent is one of the older libraries (2015) - not nearly as deeply sampled as some of the newer stuff.

Not saying it's not a good library but IMO the more recent stuff is better - obviously though it needs SD3

7 minutes ago, simon said:

worth bearing mind Indiependent is one of the older libraries (2015) - not nearly as deeply sampled as some of the newer stuff.

Not saying it's not a good library but IMO the more recent stuff is better - obviously though it needs SD3

I'm pretty happy quality wise with even some of the SD libraries older than that.  While I resent their customer unfriendly practices like refusing upgrade pricing for SD2 -- which is just plain strange and stubborn beyond the customer disloyalty-- I still find they make my absolute favorite sounding drum libraries. Their sensibilities for a lot of their drum libraries are closer to the way mine were when I worked as a drummer than BFD or most AD2 libraries (but I use AD2 a good deal and own most of their AdPaks. 

(1) There was a flash sale on Indiependent last year ?! And no one told me about it ?! What is this forum coming to ?!

I see a post from Dec 2020 for $49, but I didn't have SD then.

(2) A 20% increase on midi packs (from $10 --> $12) ?!

(3) Waiting to see which TPR can do a little bit better. Looking at you GROUP FORUM, lol !!!

EDIT --> (4) "Promotions will be switched off during the following business day, no later than 09:00 (CET)."

Edited by Bad Penguin

59 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

i been lurking for some EZKeys.

At $39 the Upright is priced "right"!
This is an eco system that "draws you in".
Longtime toon user; EZD, SD2, EZKeys, EZBass, SD3, EZD3; tons of midi and expansions. (too many expansions, really).
Every EZKeys user is waiting with bated breath for the (hopefully inevitable) EZKeys2.
EZKeys is "clunked" and not nearly as "searchable" as the other 3.
Don't take that to mean its not "usable".
Getting in at $39 will have you set for the launch of EZKeys2, and "locks in" the "upgrade" price point.
In the meantime, you'll work with it (there's a learning curve), and hopefully get some good use out of it...

t

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

easily the most customer disloyal plugin maker in the industry

Toon made it very clear that the window was closing. It's a tough one to swallow; we both agree on that.
Most software companies have an "everyday" retail that no one "in the know" ever pays.
Some like FabFilter only discount once or twice a year.
At Toon, you buy expansions in "bulk" and "midi six packs".
And now, when they warn us that the door is closing?
WE PAY ATTENTION!

But, as stated above, longtime user here (read that as FanBoi), totally committed to the eco system.
Grabbed EZB when it launched (HATED IT! Now that I've learned to use it; LOVE IT!)
The upgrade to EZD3; absolute NO-BRAINER!
(and given how they worked the SD upgrade path, went all in immediately; no question!)
just my nickel98, not trying to "pick a fight" here.
Totally respect your opinion and experience...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

where there is no upgrade path

Never happened before...

Picked up the Upright (even though I have the Vintage Upright) and two of the midi packs that I didn't have.
At $12 each they are priced a bit better that the $86 Six Pack price (about $14.33 each currently at Thomann Music)

t

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Never happened before...

Picked up the Upright (even though I have the Vintage Upright) and two of the midi packs that I didn't have.
At $12 each they are priced a bit better that the $86 Six Pack price (about $14.33 each currently at Thomann Music)

t

Now get the Small Upright 

• Great Idea 1

With all of the available pianos and keys from plenty of developers  I won't go any further with the Toontrack stuff.  It's tied to 2 systems where I don't with other developers.   What makes the EZ line great is their playback engine.    If you have Kontakt I'd go with the Sampletekk offerings instead.

I would like it if the released a demo version of EZD 3.

Edited by kitekrazy

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I should have picked up Independent when there was a killer deal flash sale on it last year. That's the next library of theirs I want. And for them to bring back upgrade pricing for SD2 customers. They are easily the most customer disloyal plugin maker in the industry. 

It’s on sale now. Not sure if it’s a good price relative to last year’s flash sale. https://www.toontrack.com/product/indiependent-sdx/ works with SD2. 

3 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

It’s on sale now. Not sure if it’s a good price relative to last year’s flash sale. https://www.toontrack.com/product/indiependent-sdx/ works with SD2. 

I paid €49 for it two years ago.

I remember it well. It was on sale at JRR for about the same price minus one of the codes, so closer to $45 I think. I wasn't sure if I wanted it, so I waited until the final day of the sale before pulling the trigger, but to my surprise JRR was showing full price. They had ended the sale too soon! I shot them an email, waited until the last minute and since I didn't hear anything from them I bought the library from BestService for €49. The next day JRR replied to me, saying that "it's on sale now" or something to that effect. Great. Thank you. Well done.

Easily the worst day of my life.

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

released a demo version of EZD 3

If you have EZD2 then the upgrade is a no-brainer! Buy with confidence.

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

have Kontakt I'd go with the Sampletekk offerings instead

Without a doubt there are better pianos.
Did I "need" the Upright? Nope.
But, hopefully the $39 goes back into EZK2 development (hope springs eternal...)

t

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

If you have EZD2 then the upgrade is a no-brainer! Buy with confidence.

Without a doubt there are better pianos.
Did I "need" the Upright? Nope.
But, hopefully the $39 goes back into EZK2 development (hope springs eternal...)

t

Nope from my end.  I have an issue on one system with a corrupt can't fix registry key.  A working demo supports confidence.

• Like 1

Tempted by the upright, but do I really need another piano VST - no, not really.

I'll save my £s for the - hopefully inevitable - EzK2 upgrade. Despite the well-documented shortcomings of EzK1, it's enabled me to create content and piano accompaniment that I could otherwise have only dreamt of.

I'm most definitely a big fan (but not quite as committed a fan as @Bapu). 😂

Andy

• Like 1