Lost project audio

rdkuna

Not sure what happened , I've been working on a project the last 2 weeks, then today there's no audio playback. The timer rolls like it's playing but nothing's coming out of any of the 8 tracks.  Other projects playback fine, just this one has the problem. Wondering if I've clicked on something to mute it. Any suggestions ?   Thanks

I don’t know why record wouldn’t work, beyond my knowledge so hopefully someone will know. Since that it a different issue than not hearing playback, maybe post a new topic about not being able to record?  As for the not hearing playback, if the meters are moving, the waveforms are visible, and you’ve checked around making sure nothing is muted and the sliders are up I don’t know what could be going on.  Try opening in safe mode? Try turning off all the fx ? Maybe a vst is a problem? Hopefully some other replies can help 

My gut is telling me either Windows has "helpfully" updated your audio hardware drivers and changed stuff around, or some hardware has been unplugged or changed since then and Cakewalk has tried to redetect it and sent it to the wrong place.

What audio interface are you using (if any)?

And if you look in Preferences > Devices, and Driver Settings, do you see it there?

If you do, have a look to see where your tracks are being routed to in your project (eg: a master bus). Is that bus sending the output to the sound card you expect?

If this is all as expected, grab us a screenshot so we can see if you have some kind of global mute or solo active.

Edited by Lord Tim

I did have a Windows update around the same time this happened.  I'm using a Focusrite 2i2 interface, device and  driver settings are recognized in the preferences.  As stated before, all other projects on file playback with no problems, just this project i was working on. Which tells me all external connections and devices are working properly. It's like I've hit a total project MUTE button !!!

Hey, I found it....it was marked none.  clicked on Focusrite and all audio is back.  Now I know what the master bus is and where it's at !!!!  LOL

Thank you all for your guidance and patience !    Glad i don't have to start over.

• Like 2