Cakewalk installation error need help (google account)

mew151

Question

Browser: Brave(latest)

I just found out about Cakewalk DAW today and was trying to install the software from the website(https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk). I was able to download the "bandlab-assistant-latest.exe", but when I tried to proceed the assistant program won't let me log-in to BandLab. I used my Google account to register for BandLab, but when I try to login, the assistant program loads back to the log-in page and says "Please re-try logging in."

Was I not supposed to register BandLab with my Google account? How can I download the Cakewalk software??

win_ver.png.61bfe5a7d5f4898bde5d1e3b2af7cc76.png

error.png.599c3db2268791d13db93f42a54b096b.png

3 answers to this question

If it is possible in your location, try using Google Chrome only for this, instead of Brave.

I, too, had trouble with authorization using the browser Firefox, but then I switched to Chrome only long enough to register, get the BandLab Assistant working, and download Cakewalk. Since then, everything works fine with Firefox.

If you must use a high-security browser, perhaps you can try one other than Brave.

I hope that my suggestions are of help to you and I wish you luck.

Yes, I was able to resolve this problem.

First you need to log into bandlab website using your google account. Then you go to settings --> account and you will see "Change Password". If my memory is right, you don't need to type anything on the "Current Password" section if it's your first time doing this. After you change your password, then you use your Username and the new password to login to bandlab through BandLab Assistant app you downloaded. 

This worked for me, and I hope this will work for you too.

changepassword.png