addictive drums and addictive keys error message

michael edwards

Question

Hi...recently i downloaded addictive drums and addictive keys,  installation appeared to go smothly. However when opening a project which features either of these two addictive vsts an error message appears,,'  UNABLE TO CREATE LOG FILE 13....Path C:\Users\HP\Documents\Addictive Drums 2 Logs\******* Plugin Log,txt Create log file dir: 17.......I can OK this message and the project appears to open and the project including the vsts play ok, However the problem will appear when I include this project in a Cakewalk playlist then the opening of this file will always stop at this error message. ie defeating the object of having a playlist, Doe anyone know how to correct this please?

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, michael edwards said:

Hi...recently i downloaded addictive drums and addictive keys,  installation appeared to go smothly. However when opening a project which features either of these two addictive vsts an error message appears,,'  UNABLE TO CREATE LOG FILE 13....Path C:\Users\HP\Documents\Addictive Drums 2 Logs\******* Plugin Log,txt Create log file dir: 17.......I can OK this message and the project appears to open and the project including the vsts play ok, However the problem will appear when I include this project in a Cakewalk playlist then the opening of this file will always stop at this error message. ie defeating the object of having a playlist, Doe anyone know how to correct this please?

Might be a write permission issue.

Do you have a file called do_trace.txt in your folder C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Addictive Drums 2\[somenumber]\Settings? Unless you are investigating something related to AD2, probably on request by XLN Audio, you should not (as it will always slow things down). If you do have such a file, rename it dont_trace.txt (no apostrophe) and no log will be written. Similar steps should be taken with the corresponding file in the Addictive Keys path, if present.