Oboe Concerto

Jerry Gerber

Genre/Style: Modern Classical/Virtual Concerto

Creative Vision for the Track: To write a 3 movement concerto featuring a virtual oboe (I’ve written 3 other concertos using a live soloist but the pandemic made that difficult so I wrote this one without a live player)

Composition Details (Tempo, Key, Main Chords etc): Score included, you can analyze it if you want

Main Instruments used: Vienna Symphonic Library Orchestral Cube and softsynths Zebra & Dune

PLAY

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing this wonderful contemporary classical masterpiece and thanks for posting the score.  I am not so much into detailed score analysis but following along today reminded me of the times I would bring a mini score to an orchestra concert. I tend to notice things more while at the same time appreciating the music (e.g., tracking "motivic" sections visually as well as hearing them as they jump around, etc.).   Thank you for sharing your music!

On 11/20/2022 at 10:34 AM, User 905133 said:

Thanks for sharing this wonderful contemporary classical masterpiece and thanks for posting the score.  I am not so much into detailed score analysis but following along today reminded me of the times I would bring a mini score to an orchestra concert. I tend to notice things more while at the same time appreciating the music (e.g., tracking "motivic" sections visually as well as hearing them as they jump around, etc.).   Thank you for sharing your music!

Thanks for commenting and listening, much appreciated.