Daemon Squid

@Daemon Squid Welcome to the forum, not bad you may want to look at the drums as well they suffer from classic MIDI machine gun syndrome. Not enough variation in velocity or spacing only needs a little of both to make them sound much more like the real thing.

Good start mix sound reasonably balanced here, I look forward to your tweaks.

Interesting that you mentioned an issue with the spacing of drum hits. I'm using EZdrummer 3 and every time I'm finished making a beat, I run it through the "humanizer" that spaces out the hits but I'll take a deeper look at it. 

as for the velocity. The Humanizer in EZ drummer changes that as well. After that i tend to put all the kick drum hits to max velocity to mimic a drum trigger for consistent hits. I'm going to experiment with this in the future to se if I can find a happy medium.

Also thank you! 

@Wookiee a little. I just recently bought Ozone 10 advanced and got a multiband compressor plugin with it that i'm trying to learn. Although I've found that adding compression to every drum channel just makes the snare and kick disappear in the mix, so I try to limit my use of compression on already compressed drums. For som context, I watched a video about why you shouldn't mix Drum kit packs from EZ drummer because the come pre-mixed. At least that's what I got from the video.  

Edit: Shouldn't mix. Not should mix.

Edited by Daemon Squid
  • Thanks 1