Trying to manipulate Console Emulator on all tracks

noynekker

Hey . . . I've had this working before, but today it's not working for me . . . here's what I'm doing:

I have the Pro Channel Console Emulator engaged on all tracks of my project.

I select all tracks + click Shift-P to expose all Pro Channel tracks in Console View . . . then  I click Ctrl + drag the Console Emulator % dial . . . shouldn't that adjust all tracks in a quick group and move them all up or down simultaneously ?  Not today.

What am I missing that would make this not work in this project ?   I've gone to another project to test it out and it works as expected there.

Are you Ctrl-dragging in a non-selected track?   For whatever reason when you quick group edit, you have to ctrl-click on a non-selected track in the group.  To be honest, though, I'm finding this buggy in Pro Channel console emulation.  I've been doing it myself the past few days and I'm finding that sometimes only a few modules respond, or sometimes nothing responds and when I let go of the mouse button, the channel I am on sees the console emulator enable (if it was disabled).  If I reset things manually, usually the second time around things start responding as expected, but it does seem like there's a bug lurking in there, somewhere.

5 hours ago, Peter Morgan said:

Are you Ctrl-dragging in a non-selected track?   For whatever reason when you quick group edit, you have to ctrl-click on a non-selected track in the group.  To be honest, though, I'm finding this buggy in Pro Channel console emulation.  I've been doing it myself the past few days and I'm finding that sometimes only a few modules respond, or sometimes nothing responds and when I let go of the mouse button, the channel I am on sees the console emulator enable (if it was disabled).  If I reset things manually, usually the second time around things start responding as expected, but it does seem like there's a bug lurking in there, somewhere.

AFAIK, if you alter any setting on a ProChannel module, it automatically enables it. 

So if you've quick grouped a bunch of tracks, then altered the console emulator settings on one track in the group, it'll have the effect of both setting the value, but also making sure they're all enabled by virtue of you changing the value.

Well, I've played around with this issue and tested it many different ways, and I've considered and tried the two responses.  (Thank you !) Sometimes the quick grouping adjustments work just fine . . . but when it breaks, I can't fix it, except by restarting my computer, then everything appears to work as expected at first, but somewhere along the way, it breaks . . . and I've noticed it happens in a few projects now that I'm looking for it.

I realize it can't be a bug unless there is a recipe for reproducing it, so I'll live with the mystery . . . but when it works, I love that feature !

• 1 year later...
On 7/14/2019 at 7:19 PM, msmcleod said:

AFAIK, if you alter any setting on a ProChannel module, it automatically enables it. 

So if you've quick grouped a bunch of tracks, then altered the console emulator settings on one track in the group, it'll have the effect of both setting the value, but also making sure they're all enabled by virtue of you changing the value.

Quick Group adjustments in ProChannel don't seem to be working for me. I've mostly tried it to insert Console Emulation modules then to turn on the Tolerance toggle. Didn't work for either. I also tried for Quadcurve EQ Gloss toggle Didn't work when tried for a all tracks or for two tracks.

I'm using Build 155.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:39 AM, noynekker said:

I have the Pro Channel Console Emulator engaged on all tracks of my project.

I select all tracks + click Shift-P to expose all Pro Channel tracks in Console View . . .

how is this 'Shift-P' supposed to work? is it a default keybinding in Cakewalk? quick grouping in ProChannel is working fine here but this 'Shift-P' doesn't work or I'm missing something? thx

By default ProChannel is collapsed. . . Shift-P is simply a key command that toggles it to appear, so you can adjust parameters. I don’t recall setting this up, think it’s always been a key command  when PC was first added . . . way back. ?

This is an old thread, quick grouping has been working as expected lately, I always keep Cakewalk by Bandlab up to date, so haven’t had this issue for a while now.

On 7/13/2019 at 12:39 AM, noynekker said:

I select all tracks + click Shift-P to expose all Pro Channel tracks in Console View .

Is this a custom key binding? If yes, how does it work? Holding the CTRL key down is required to execute Quick Group controls.

Selecting multiple tracks in Console View and holding CTRL and clicking the ProChannel popout icon will pop out ProChannel for all selected tracks.

Edited by Bill Phillips

34 minutes ago, noynekker said:

This is an old thread, quick grouping has been working as expected lately, I always keep Cakewalk by Bandlab up to date, so haven’t had this issue for a while now.

Thanks for pointing that out. I got lost. I started on the 2021.04 Build 155 thread and somehow bounced to this one. I'm still having Quick Group issues with ProChannel and am now going to find my way back to the current thread.