Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
noynekker

Trying to manipulate Console Emulator on all tracks

Recommended Posts

Hey . . . I've had this working before, but today it's not working for me . . . here's what I'm doing:

I have the Pro Channel Console Emulator engaged on all tracks of my project.

I select all tracks + click Shift-P to expose all Pro Channel tracks in Console View . . . then  I click Ctrl + drag the Console Emulator % dial . . . shouldn't that adjust all tracks in a quick group and move them all up or down simultaneously ?  Not today.

What am I missing that would make this not work in this project ?   I've gone to another project to test it out and it works as expected there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you Ctrl-dragging in a non-selected track?   For whatever reason when you quick group edit, you have to ctrl-click on a non-selected track in the group.  To be honest, though, I'm finding this buggy in Pro Channel console emulation.  I've been doing it myself the past few days and I'm finding that sometimes only a few modules respond, or sometimes nothing responds and when I let go of the mouse button, the channel I am on sees the console emulator enable (if it was disabled).  If I reset things manually, usually the second time around things start responding as expected, but it does seem like there's a bug lurking in there, somewhere.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Peter Morgan said:

Are you Ctrl-dragging in a non-selected track?   For whatever reason when you quick group edit, you have to ctrl-click on a non-selected track in the group.  To be honest, though, I'm finding this buggy in Pro Channel console emulation.  I've been doing it myself the past few days and I'm finding that sometimes only a few modules respond, or sometimes nothing responds and when I let go of the mouse button, the channel I am on sees the console emulator enable (if it was disabled).  If I reset things manually, usually the second time around things start responding as expected, but it does seem like there's a bug lurking in there, somewhere.

 

AFAIK, if you alter any setting on a ProChannel module, it automatically enables it. 

So if you've quick grouped a bunch of tracks, then altered the console emulator settings on one track in the group, it'll have the effect of both setting the value, but also making sure they're all enabled by virtue of you changing the value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I've played around with this issue and tested it many different ways, and I've considered and tried the two responses.  (Thank you !) Sometimes the quick grouping adjustments work just fine . . . but when it breaks, I can't fix it, except by restarting my computer, then everything appears to work as expected at first, but somewhere along the way, it breaks . . . and I've noticed it happens in a few projects now that I'm looking for it.

I realize it can't be a bug unless there is a recipe for reproducing it, so I'll live with the mystery . . . but when it works, I love that feature !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×