Low End Problem with Mixdown (Solved)

Terry Kelley

Since this update, I am losing bottom end in mixdowns. Not tons but clearly it's reduce. Its appears to be below 120-150Hz.

Is there some setting that affects the mixdown bottom end? I pulled up some older tracks and exported them (all wave 44.1k 16bit and Entire Mix selected) and all of them exhibit this reduction.

Any suggestions on what might be happening?

Edit: Did the rollback to 09 and nothing changes so it's some setting I've altered I suspect or some plugin is being stupid all of the sudden.

TK

Edited by TBK

54 minutes ago, TBK said:

Did the rollback to 09 and nothing changes so it's some setting I've altered I suspect or some plugin is being stupid all of the sudden

By any logic, you need to look carefully at the plug-in settings on the Master Bus, because all other tracks or buses affect only something specific, and you, if I understand correctly, reduce the low-frequency component throughout the mix.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TBK said:

I disabled the one LP-64 and no change

And what settings do you use in the "Audio Export" window? Maybe you unintentionally changed something in the settings, and now because of this, the frequency characteristics of the exported file have changed? Try to attach a screenshot of these settings here, someone will definitely tell you the solution, I have everything left as before when exporting, but I never changed any settings in this window. If you attach a screenshot, I will compare it with my settings, maybe everything will be solved easier than it seems.

Fixed. And it's still sort of weird. But ...

I somehow turned on Bass Boost in Enhancements for "Speaker Properties." But the effect was that Cakewalk played it correctly and any other wave program (any and all) reduce the bass. I flipped it back on and no change. Bass is still correct. So something weird was up in Windows. Somehow this involves girls too. Always does.

Edited by TBK