Jump to content
D-Fused Sounds

Sonible SmartEQ Black Friday Deal

Recommended Posts

I love the forum, the mod is truly super nice and always reasonable. But I may or may not be shaking my head at the rule where devs and resellers can't post direct links to the relevant page. It's so arbitrary and non-user focused. But thanks to Larry for helping the original poster out. I think that was considerate to the seller and to the forum users. 

BTW, I'd love to get an honest comparison of Sonible's AI mixing and mastering plugins to their Izotope equivalents from someone who really knows mixing and has used both (and I'll just state this upfront,  an honest comparison rules out influencers compensated by one of the developers).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

But I may or may not be shaking my head at the rule where devs and resellers can't post direct links to the relevant page. It's so arbitrary and non-user focused. But thanks to Larry for helping the original poster out...

This!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

But I may or may not be shaking my head at the rule where devs and resellers can't post

Make a feature request for Bandlab to have a separate forum that sellers can get FREE advertising in, I am sure they would support that??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Make a feature request for Bandlab to have a separate forum that sellers can get FREE advertising in, I am sure they would support that??

First, let me say thanks for all you do in the forum. We all see Larry's tremendous contributions to this forum,  and it's really obvious. But you're working behind the scenes to keep the forum healthy and focused and to minimize the dysfunction,  and you do it purely out of your dedication and ethics without any financial benefit. I don't think most people are aware of that or fully appreciate it. So let me be perfectly clear, I am extremely grateful and appreciative to you. I'm also a huge fan of the Bandlab folks. Cakewalk remains my DAW of choice and I love this forum and both @cclarry and you are the significant reasons I love this place. Consequently,  the view I expressed comes from that place and not a place of disrespect. 

So, to address your response. Absolutely,  you're right. Developers who post in this forum are getting free advertising. That is purely factual. But the purpose of this sub forum is for Cakewalk users to learn about and discuss deals. Agreed? 

And, putting on my strategy cap (okay, I never actually take it off), this forum is designed for Cakewalk users, not for developers promoting their wares. Agreed? 

So if we agree -- and. Bamdlab's owners absolutely agree -- that the purpose of this forum and subforum is focused on the benefit of end users of Cakewalk,  why create a rule that only inconveniences Cakewalk users? The rule doesn't stop developers from posting/promoting their businesses here. It's just an arbitrary rule that inconveniences users by making them spend more time trying to find information. A direct URL is useful to users,  it gets them to the relevant info immediately. In this instance,  Larry stepped in to be helpful to the community because the newly posted forum rule works against the convenience of users. It doesn't stop developers from advertising,  it stops forum users from having a better user experience. 

 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure I understand that video. Firstly, it mentions that both plugins sell for 100 Euros; Audiolens is a free giveaway (at least for now):

image.png.a112395bfbad8c35224c68521cc37c0f.png

Secondly, the comparison doesn't make sense. A more appropriate comparison would be true:balance vs. Tonal Balance Control (which has been out for a while).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rule might seem silly but it's not much to ask considering the forum is free . The deals forum was a courtesy and not originally part of their plan.  Considering there is more discussion of everything but cakewalk on their forum, I'm not going to nitpick an easy to follow rule because I want another extra hundred plugins lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, antler said:

I'm not sure I understand that video. Firstly, it mentions that both plugins sell for 100 Euros; Audiolens is a free giveaway (at least for now):

image.png.a112395bfbad8c35224c68521cc37c0f.png

Secondly, the comparison doesn't make sense. A more appropriate comparison would be true:balance vs. Tonal Balance Control (which has been out for a while).

The better 

 

1 hour ago, antler said:

I'm not sure I understand that video. Firstly, it mentions that both plugins sell for 100 Euros; Audiolens is a free giveaway (at least for now):

image.png.a112395bfbad8c35224c68521cc37c0f.png

Secondly, the comparison doesn't make sense. A more appropriate comparison would be true:balance vs. Tonal Balance Control (which has been out for a while).

He was going by the retail price since this giveaway will end soon.  I do agree that the products are not quite the same thing . Maybe I am missing something. The Sonible one seems to be based off of presets while the Izotope grabs from any streaming source. Another huge difference seems to be that audiolens actually applies curve if using Neutron or Ozone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dubdisciple said:

He was going by the retail price since this giveaway will end soon

Right - I didn't think about that

 

1 hour ago, dubdisciple said:

The Sonible one seems to be based off of presets while the Izotope grabs from any streaming source. Another huge difference seems to be that audiolens actually applies curve if using Neutron or Ozone.

Agreed. That's also my reasoning for saying Tonal Balance Control would be a more appropriate comparison as that one too is preset and reference track based. TBC has frequency markings on the graph and can also adjust Neutron. IIRC it doesn't have the stereo width comparison though - although you get plenty of metering options with Insight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I purchase at best service for $50.  However when I went to register in Sonible site I clicked on deal under account and they were offering it to me for $29.  Too late for me as I had already registered but check here first for you just in case.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kevin H said:

I purchase at best service for $50.  However when I went to register in Sonible site I clicked on deal under account and they were offering it to me for $29.  Too late for me as I had already registered but check here first for you just in case.

A Bit less from us:change currency and put it in the cart.....then add also a product from DFS catalog and see your price ;) 

Sure, if you already own some product from Sonible the best is check your account deals!

Edited by D-Fused Sounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kevin H said:

I purchase at best service for $50.  However when I went to register in Sonible site I clicked on deal under account and they were offering it to me for $29.  Too late for me as I had already registered but check here first for you just in case.

^^^ THIS ^^^

true:balance, true:level and smart:EQ3 are all 29.17 EU when logged in on the Sonnible site!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...