Reveal Sound Spire Black Friday Deal

D-Fused Sounds

@Fleer - this is a "by the way" - but I just looked and I have 4 of the at least 10 Reveal Sound preset libraries that are all Plucks.  So you can roost in your chicken house with Spire.

For some suggestions for others (I would suggest firstly that you get Spire when it's on sale, and then wait for a Reveal Sound store sale when everything is substantially discounted to grab some presets).  But who I have a bunch of presets from each for Spire:

Howard Smith, Reveal itself, Bellatrix Audio, Freak, Freshly Squeezed Samples, Patchbay

And then I have a bunch of one-offs, and two-offs - like from the usual providers like Luftrum, Plugin Guru, New Loops, AZS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m split on this, my friend. 
On one hand I find that Falcon is simply magical on plucks, so I fear Spire won’t bring much more. And I’ve got Pigments and Phase Plant plus so many others to dive into. 
On the other, I’m a sucker for a fine GUI, as it inspires me to build patches. Spire’s ten year old design doesn’t do that for me, similar to U-he’s Zebra and the like. 
But it does sound good. 
And there’s one reason that could push me off the fence: price. I could get it for $75. 
But hey, that’s what I paid for the iZotope MPS 5 upgrade. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fleer said:

I’m split on this, my friend. 
On one hand I find that Falcon is simply magical on plucks, so I fear Spire won’t bring much more. And I’ve got Pigments and Phase Plant plus so many others to dive into. 
On the other, I’m a sucker for a fine GUI, as it inspires me to build patches. Spire’s ten year old design doesn’t do that for me, similar to U-he’s Zebra and the like. 
But it does sound good. 
And there’s one reason that could push me off the fence: price. I could get it for $75. 
But hey, that’s what I paid for the iZotope MPS 5 upgrade. 

You can demo it to help make up your mind.

• Thanks 1

Lee - with the zillion low cost preset packs - a wide range of styles are available with Spire, not just Trance.

Sometimes I think of Spire as like having Vengeance Avenger-level amazing sounds - without all the out of control automation.   Of course when I want all that pre-programmed out of control goodness I have Avenger or Dune.

But to have great sounds at the fingertips and not need to turn off a bunch of automation, and at a very economical price, Spire always comes through for me with great sounds (and easily favoriteable presets). So I use it often.

Edited by lawajava
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lawajava said:

Lee - with the zillion low cost preset packs - a wide range of styles are available with Spire, not just Trance.

Sometimes I think of Spire as like having Vengeance Avenger-level amazing sounds - without all the out of control automation.   Of course when I want all that pre-programmed out of control goodness I have Avenger or Dune.

But to have great sounds at the fingertips and not need to turn off a bunch of automation, and at a very economical price, Spire always comes through for me with great sounds (and easily favoriteable presets). So I use it often.

Thanks I'm still thinking about it... I have Bitwig and Rapid so I don't know if this would be overlapping too much...  Also I do more like chill r&b stuff, not trance...

Edited by Lee D

“Chill” is a word that comes to mind with a number of Spire packs.  They even have a category of preset packs in the Reveal store for Chill.

I’m also a huge fan of Rapid. It sounds great!  But like Avenger its preset packs are pricey.  The Spire universe (it’s like a universe with so many preset packs) is way more affordable.  The presets packs are pretty consistently full of very good sounds.

• Like 3

Everyone has different tastes so suggesting examples from Spire preset packs may suit or not suit your interests. I’ll just mention a couple to perhaps help anyone on the fence who hasn’t heard example Spire patches yet.

Edited by lawajava
  • Like 4

Speaking of Howard Smith, it appears he has just released a new item. At 4:11 in this clip there’s a patch that sounds like it is begging to be in a song.

I haven’t looked yet but I would think this might be available within the BF window and pricing.

• Like 1