Piccolo not in range and no sound

eddymontreal

1 hour ago, eddymontreal said:

I'm using BBC Orchestra as a VST.  All instruments are working fine except the piccolo that can't be heard at all.   I sense it is probably because of the range of the instrument.  Can someone help?

Suggestion: Toggle on the "Show Track Pane" option in the Piano Roll "View" menu. Ensure that you have the Piccolo tack selected there. Works here playing D4-C7. Also observed in the video that the notes played on the piano roll keyboard were all above C7.

Also the Cakewalk setting for Customization > Display > "Base Octave for Pitches" affects the octave numbering on the Cakewalk keyboard display. Mine is set at [-2].

Not all DAWs use the same octave default, so you can adjust the range to your preference.

"Base Octave for Pitches. There is no industry standard for numbering octaves. By default, Cakewalk calls MIDI note 0 (the lowest possible note) C0. The Yamaha FB-01, for example, shows MIDI note 0 as C-2 (C negative 2). To match Cakewalk to that standard, set Base Octave to –2."

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Dialogs2.073.html

Edited by abacab