APD Deal - Hybrid Taiko

cclarry

41 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Wow, this one just got a 5/5 in the latest SoundOnSound mag. Here goes …

Doesn't SoS give 5/5 to everything? Music software reviews are almost as corrupt a racket as gaming reviews.

Walk through video sounds pretty average. Much better Taikos on the market - for traditional and processed / epic. Probably worth $40 though! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Doesn't SoS give 5/5 to everything? Music software reviews are almost as corrupt a racket as gaming reviews.

Walk through video sounds pretty average. Much better Taikos on the market - for traditional and processed / epic. Probably worth $40 though! :)

You might be thinking of CM Magazine.   If it gets an 8/10 most likely it's not very good. 

• Like 1

Public Service Announcement: Support The Man Who Does So Much to Support This Community
In case anyone is thinking of buying this or anything else from Audio Plugin Deals, please consider using the link in Larry's signature file. It's an affiliate link and if you use it, Larry gets a commission. You pay the identical price to what you would otherwise pay through a direct link and if there's anyone worthy of getting that commission, it's Larry, IMO. He does amazing work in this forum. Seriously, most of us wouldn't be here if not for Larry. He has powered this forum for I don't know how long-- but it's been a very long time. And while a lot of people using affiliate links are influencers shilling for developers and retailers, if you know Larry, you know that he's the farthest thing from a shill. Hopefully this will be taken with humor, but I do get a kick out of Larry unfiltered doing rants on developers for BS and various shortcomings. Those aren't the posts of a person who is insincere. Larry is the real deal and has more than earned our support for everything he does.  

Regarding SOS reviews, I find them valuable and they have far more journalistic credibility and integrity than the vast majority of influencers, which are, in fact, little more than folks shilling for freebies and kickbacks from the developers of products they review "sponsor" their videos (AKA give them money for doing a review). Giving a product a truly honest, and especially a truly harsh review will destroy the gravy train, so it's extremely rare to see that. That should be a red flag.  

Now, as a marketing pro, I use influencers, but I think it's important for the public to realize that they are, in truth, highly influenced, very/most often commissioned sales people (AKA affiliate marketing agents) pretending to be unbiased like actual journalist reviewers. They're not and they don't follow standard journalistic practices. Now contrasting Larry again, Larry actually could be considered an influencer, because he has a great deal of influence over this entire community. If I started my own plugin or sample development firm, I would absolutely be giving Larry free product and asking him if he could post about giving his honest thoughts -- fully realizing that if my product doesn't hit the mark, Larry is likely going to be savage and not hold back and that is an exceptionally rare quality in an influencer. It's the reason why I am so appreciative of Corey Pellazari (a YouTube influencer who does reviews of sample libraries that has even gone as far as to warn people never to buy from one of the developers he reviewed' virtually no influencer would ever do that, because it stops the gravy train and makes other developers afraid to give him product and especially stops developers from throwing money at him for good reviews, a practice I won't engage in, but it's the norm). It's why I WISH Larry would start his own YouTube and/or Facebook channel. Larry's not just great at finding deals, he's brutally honest. And I remember many years ago -- maybe more than a decade ago -- when he was just savage on IK. And guess what, when Larry was gone from the forum, one of the people saying how much they appreciate him was Peter from IK, because Peter respects Larry's honesty. Anyhow, I just hope that my fellow forum members will support Larry, it doesn't cost you anything and, we're not a big community, so Larry isn't actually likely to make much money, but at least it gives him  a little something back for spending so much time and energy making this community what it is. 

PSA over.  Be good to each other. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Great Idea 2