She Has A Dream

MichaelJohn

I wrote this piano/guitar instrumental in 2009,  one of my favorites works.   Made with Sonar 8 and Sampletank 2.5.  I still have the Dell GX620 Win XP but I haven't used it in many years.   It was time to remake it so I tried to install Sampletank 2.5 on my current PC but it wouldn't run.   So I decided to see if Sonar 8 and Sampletank were still installed on my old XP?  Wasn't sure.   

Both still there!    Sonar 8 was still working great on my old Dell but then on a reboot I got beep code 1-3-2.- memory fail.    I only had a 504mb memory card available, installed it, and Win XP booted right up!   Would Sonar and Sampletank even run on 504mb ram?

They did!  Very smoothly!  I was able to finish this remake with 504mb ram on XP, in Sonar 8!   It didn't even glitch.   Until I started deleting tracks I didn't need- then it started glitching.  But I had the work done.   And here it is.  

This piece has two finger acoustics, two electrics, and piano, strings, bass, drums and of course, clarinet.   All Sampletank 2. 5 in Sonar 8.   

This is a soundtrack type instrumental meant to evoke the dream she has...

NEW MIX 11.19:

Edited by MichaelJohn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Very pleasant tune, it might need a little increase in level though.

Have you finalised or "mastered" it? 

Do you have a level plugin? 

Might I suggest Youlean if you do not, it free for the basic.

Thanks!  Sounds loud on my PC.  Also see the signal strength lines in the soundcloud player?  About same as others.  

I like it. Levels sound fine to me.  I don't think its the kind of tune that needs to be pushing the volume limits.  Everything came across clear, and the space everything sat in seems to work well. Is there something in particular that you were concerned about? If not, its a pleasing piece of music. Well done!