Brazilian Breeze (re-do)

KSband

• 2 weeks later...

Like everyone , I'm loving the sax (and the vibes) .  I do think if you check your "lows" on the tracks , you'll find there's plenty of room for some high passing. I believe the song could sound cleaner pulling a little of the bottom end out. Especially for one pitched this low. I think it's mainly the rhythm guitar and bass. As far as the piano , I didn't listen to the first mix , but my first impressions were that it needed a little different EQ and try to tame the attack some . I'm not really sure of what I would do except maybe pull out some around 1K. and see if a different reverb would make it sit better in the mix.  Anyway ..  I Always appreciate the many suggestions I get when posting something ,  and I Really did like this song !                         Enjoyed it ..   mark

• Like 1

Thanks for the thoughts Mark. I have felt the bass was kind of muddy and have played with EQ quite a bit but doesn't get much better. I think it might be my sloppy bass playing letting the notes ring out over each other.  Hadn't really thought about the piano tone, I usually use it as is, it's Addictive keys grand, maybe there is a better grand out there, I'll take a look at the options in there.

• Like 1

KSband,

Nice track, really shines when the sax comes in.  Super relaxing track.

22 hours ago, KSband said:

I have felt the bass was kind of muddy and have played with EQ quite a bit but doesn't get much better. I think it might be my sloppy bass playing letting the notes ring out over each other. 

Try a Transient Designer on the Bass to shorten up the sustain, give it a bit more punch and clarity.    May be much easier correction than EQ'ing.   Oxford Envolution would be a good option for this task.

Regards

This song has definitely captured the Brazilian sound and the second try sounds much better.  I agree with the above comments - the sax sounded absoflippinlutely great!  I also appreciated your use of the vibraphone  (sounded as good as the sax).  Excellent work!