Pianoteq 8 new release - 25% off

Yan Filiatrault

New instrument model: the Classical Guitar.

All acoustic pianos, the Vintage Reeds electric piano and the Concert Harp have been revoiced.

Interface with updated graphics.

New 'Note Effects' panel, with Tremolo and Vibrato.

The LV2 / VST3 / AudioUnit plugins can receive an optional audio input, which is used to excite the string resonances (STD/PRO versions).

Added a loop button for the MIDI sequences (standalone), and also ability to select a part of a MIDI file.

New option for using stereo effects when the selected instrument output is mono.

New midimappings option for using one MIDI channel per guitar string or harpsichord keyboard.

New 'stretch points' note-edit panel (PRO version).

Improved presets menu, with favorites.

And many bug fixes...

Confusingly, the new Classical Guitar can be found in "Layers" under the "Morphing/Layers" category in the browser. The update is free to anyone who purchased a license within the last year. Boo yaa. Pro version update free to me. The download is available in your user area.

Also note that v8 installs in parallel to v7, but the installer "thoughtfully" remapped my desktop icon to the v8 standalone. So, any songs using v7 plugins will continue to function as is. If you want to update existing songs to v8, you'll need to remap the plugins manually.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fleer said:

When did you guys get your Pro?

I just bought v7 last month. Since I decided to forget about asset retention and not build a new house, but rent instead, I've been able to buy some things that have been on my list for a long time. Pianoteq was one of those things. I got a discount through Gig Performer, so that was nice. And Modartt are here in France, which was a nice thing to find out. I'll be picking up a few other pianos this Black Friday season, to go with the 4 I got with the Pro version. My 2 TB Thunderbolt 3 sample drive is already over half full, but Pianoteq didn't need any of it. Here's a nice video of a guy just playing through the revoiced v8 pianos. Beautiful!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Do you consider that’s it’s worth spending the extra dollars to get the Studio version?

Oh definitely. Almost all of the instruments are fantastic and you'll never not find the right flavour ever again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

@Simeon Amburgey

So when is your video of Pianoteq 8 coming out 😃

I am hoping to feature it on this Friday's livestream.
Modartt was also very kind to provide several copies of Pianoteq STAGE for some giveaways which I am always excited to have to bless the channel viewers.
In order to participate, all you have to do is register for The Wheel Of Fun here:

https://bit.ly/Enter_The_Wheel_Of_Fun

While I have a relationship with Modartt as they have been kind to provide review copies of Pianoteq, I am not affiliated in a financial way with them.I look forward to seeing you on Friday and will post a link when the livestream is scheduled.

Joyfully,
Simeon

• Like 3