(not a deal) Anyone know if the NX head tracker from Waves Audio ever goes on sale?

El Diablo

Wait until Waves has the “Spend $90 get two free plugins” promotion comes around again, then buy a $99 Nx bundle (and get two free plugins).  Not all the bundles are discounted at the same time, though, so you’ll have to be patient to get the Nx plug-in you want.  Also, the free plugins selections change, so make sure the ones you want are available as freebies.

Just get the NX Ocean Way Nashville. It's on sale for $29. https://www.waves.com/plugins/nx-ocean-way-nashville#mix-better-on-headphones-nx-ocean-way-nashville

You can use your webcam for head tracking. Or with no head tracking at all, which means that your stereo signal will follow your headphones as usual, instead of recreating the space around you as you move. You can still rotate the studio manually, calibrate your headphones, and select the studio monitors, and adjust the ambience using IR's.

RATE indicates the rate of head tracking in frames per second (fps). The optimal rates are:
Camera: 25 fps–30 fps
Nx Head Tracker: 35 fps–50 fps
Sensor Fusion: 45 fps–80 fps [both camera and head tracker]

Waves Nx is the engine behind Ocean Way Nashville. Nx creates the space and converts stereo audio channels into
a binaural headphone signal. NX HeadTracker is the Nx utility that uses camera and/or Bluetooth Head Tracker
information to interpret the mix engineer’s head movements. The Nx application opens or closes automatically when
you open or close the Nx Ocean Way Nashville plugin.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

They are rare but yes, it does go on sale sometimes

image.png.97b9d72041ca9f28a21bac1b543ba64d.png

I got it in Oct 2018 but I vaguely remember having seen it on sale again every now and then.
Sweetwater and Musiciansfriend have sales engineers that you can tell them what you're looking for and they'll alert you when there is a sale. Also, since $99 is the regular price, you want to look out for those generic coupons that are "nn% off regular priced items"

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
Added info on when I got it and suggestions on who to get it from
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I was more thinking, get the head tracker which comes bundled with the software for same price as just headtracker.

Now that would be a great deal!!!

But so far I was able to only find the low price Koby got plus the regular price of the head tracker which amounts to $152.

57 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Thanks. I see. I was more thinking, get the head tracker which comes bundled with the software for same price as just headtracker.

If you’re going to do that, wait until Waves has the spend $90 and get two free plugins promotion.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 2