Elgato Releases New Stream Deck + * Buttons, 4 clickable knobs, and a touch strip (Not a Deal, but wow)

Reid Rosefelt

$199.99

https://www.elgato.com/en

Check out the Cubase template from sideshow FX and you can see the potential this has.  They've already created templates for Photoshop and Davinci Resolve.  I am going to send a note today and beg for Premiere.

New Elgato products tend to sell out fast.   I bought it and mine is coming in early December.   Usually sideshow fx has BF sales.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Thanks 2

My son has one with the 15 buttons on it and he raves about it. When he told me about it and sent a pic, then explained that you can make your own icons... yeah my mind started wondering... could I use this?

Now they have come out with knobs on it... this makes it much more useable! Yeb, another hardware purchase maybe on the horizon. : )

21 hours ago, Spice3d said:

I wonder if the dials can be used for MIDI CC? 🤔

There is a MIDI program that comes with the Stream Deck and you can assign CC (and anything MIDI) to the streamdeck.  But that's just buttons.
I will let you know if it works with the knobs when I get my Stream Deck + in December, but I assume I will find that functionality in the sideshowfx template, as that's a pretty basic thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine a few days ago.  The big news is that the sideshowfx template for my XL work in tandem with the sideshowfx template for this. Everything works.

1930636355_StreamDeckPlus.thumb.jpg.9b55a5198cd90b8839c504f928c9f3e7.jpg

So I can use the knobs when the knobs are helpful (scrolling, zooming, adjusting levels, etc) and I still have access to  32 more keyboard shortcuts available at the touch of a button.  

In the coming weeks I'll be customizing both sides to make the best combination for my workflow. 

In terms of what kind of MIDI the knobs can control, there is a  free MIDI program that comes with every Stream Deck.  You have to install it to use the sideshowfx templates.

1808523212_streamdeckmidi.jpg.69bf61507a97b312644adef5950a418d.jpg

How this works with knobs, I have no idea.  This was made before there were knobs.  But I'll be finding out.  

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

My gawd, it's gigantic. I wish they would have used the same button size and density as other models. Seems an odd choice. Can never have too many buttons, eh? Looks like a cool controller nonetheless. 😁👍

9 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I got mine a few days ago.  The big news is that the sideshowfx template for my XL work in tandem with the sideshowfx template for this. Everything works.

1930636355_StreamDeckPlus.thumb.jpg.9b55a5198cd90b8839c504f928c9f3e7.jpg

So I can use the knobs when the knobs are helpful (scrolling, zooming, adjusting levels, etc) and I still have access to  32 more keyboard shortcuts available at the touch of a button.  

In the coming weeks I'll be customizing both sides to make the best combination for my workflow. 

In terms of what kind of MIDI the knobs can control, there is a  free MIDI program that comes with every Stream Deck.  You have to install it to use the sideshowfx templates.

1808523212_streamdeckmidi.jpg.69bf61507a97b312644adef5950a418d.jpg

How this works with knobs, I have no idea.  This was made before there were knobs.  But I'll be finding out.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spice3d said:

My gawd, it's gigantic. I wish they would have used the same button size and density as other models. Seems an odd choice. Can never have too many buttons, eh? Looks like a cool controller nonetheless. 😁👍

The new buttons are a huge improvement on some previously not -great  apps like the free digital clock.  You can actually read it now.  I expect there will be a lot of apps taking advantage of the new size. 

I forgot to mention, the Premiere Pro version came out today.  More setup for me.  The Cubase template took hours to do bacause you must do a lot of it by hand.  Also, it doesn't have full functionality unless it's Cubase 12.

I have the 32 button version. When you save effects racks in Ableton they actually save as files on your hard drive. I have created icons that open the files for different categories of effects. When using Ableton, I can tap a button on Streamdeck and have a pre-defined effect added to the active track.

It's a great piece of kit!

• Like 1

Well, make sure you report back when ya get MIDI CC working. 🙏🏻

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

The new buttons are a huge improvement on some previously not -great  apps like the free digital clock.  You can actually read it now.  I expect there will be a lot of apps taking advantage of the new size. 

I forgot to mention, the Premiere Pro version came out today.  More setup for me.  The Cubase template took hours to do bacause you must do a lot of it by hand.  Also, it doesn't have full functionality unless it's Cubase 12.

• Like 1