Soniccouture - BF Sale

telecode 101

2 hours ago, lawajava said:

I have it already - but a reminder some had interest in Broken Wurli and were waiting for a sale.

For some reason I didn't really spend much time considering their Broken Wurli library when researching Wurli libraries, probably because of the name, I figured it wasn't a classic Wurli sound they were going after, but something really quirky. But it sounds fantastic and I'm now wondering if I should have bought it instead of e-Instruments Wurli,  which is very good,  but not as good as Broken Wurli and AcousticSamples Wurlie sounds. 50 bucks (USD), seems like a pretty good deal and everything I have from SonicCouture is superb. Definitely a top tier sample developer. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jan Schmitz said:

Those are toys, not drums. ;)

This is what i thougth at first ....  listening to actual music , the way they treat acoustic drums is pathertic and makes them sound like plastic sticks lol .... don't even get me started on metal drums ...i only hear transients ....that said i come from a hip hop back ground , everything sounds thin (eexcetpt electro) in comparison lol 

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

So, regarding some of Soniccouture's products, including the Broken Wurli. These are very old samples. The review for Broken Wurli is dated Jan 2012. Granted many of their products were updated to the "new" Kontakt format in 2016, but still - gosh, these are old. I've had a few of my music pieces rejected with the comment "please use more updated samples". Is this a concern for anyone else? Hearing comments similar to "some of these new libraries make it really difficult to tell what's real and what's virtual" makes me hesitant to use old libraries like this.

Or maybe 2012 vintage libraries aren't considered "old libraries"?

I'd appreciate some of your thought on this topic. Should I put this in it's own thread?

• Great Idea 1

6 minutes ago, fret_man said:

I've had a few of my music pieces rejected with the comment "please use more updated samples".

That's an odd/interesting reason to reject. Do they say why they want newer samples? I admit I do this just for fun, but I don't think I've ever thought "wow, this piece is so boring because I've heard that guitar so many times now".

Or is it in reference to sampled phrases?

14 minutes ago, fret_man said:

So, regarding some of Soniccouture's products, including the Broken Wurli. These are very old samples. The review for Broken Wurli is dated Jan 2012. Granted many of their products were updated to the "new" Kontakt format in 2016, but still - gosh, these are old. I've had a few of my music pieces rejected with the comment "please use more updated samples". Is this a concern for anyone else? Hearing comments similar to "some of these new libraries make it really difficult to tell what's real and what's virtual" makes me hesitant to use old libraries like this.

Or maybe 2012 vintage libraries aren't considered "old libraries"?

I'd appreciate some of your thought on this topic. Should I put this in it's own thread?

First, this subforum is tangent city. Don't worry about it! Anyone that would criticize you would be a massive hypocrite. 

Second, who "rejected" your music because of older sample libraries? I could understand if you were using Soundfont libraries that lacked layers, round robins and sophisticated scripting,  but these SonicCouture libraries,  even the oldest ones -- and I own several of their older libraries-- remain sophisticated,  high quality libraries by today's standards. If you compare SonicCouture's Wurli library that was originally released in 2012 to SoundPaint's Wurli library released in 2022, you would find that SonicCouture's library  is vastly superior in terms of sonic quality and dynamics. No comparison. If you compare some of SampleTekk's piano libraries, like Rain Piano, to other piano libraries released today, SampleTekk's libraries still sound high quality. Now, of course,  computers are more powerful today than in 2012 and there is often -- but not always-- more sophisticated scripting and effects, but that doesn't mean a piano library released in 2022 sounds better than one released in 2012. There are too many factors for the year alone to be enough,  so someone making that comment about a SonicCouture library like Broken Wurli is really odd to the point where my instincts are that they don't have any idea what they're talking about. I have numerous SampleTekk piano libraries created more than a decade ago that are superior quality to SoundPaint libraries released this year. No one listening to a song I made with SampleTekk's Rain Piano or Black Grand is going to discern when the library is made unless they own that library and know it so well they recognize it. But to listen to it and say that it's inferior to today's libraries? Unless it was an incredibly inferior library -- which is not the case with the SonicCouture Broken Wurli -- I would count that criticism as less than informed. I'd love to hear the song that was criticized. 

4 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

There are too many factors for the year alone to be enough,  so someone making that comment about a SonicCouture library like Broken Wurli is really odd to the point where my instincts are that they don't have any idea what they're talking about.

The comment you referenced didn’t mention a specific sample company let alone a product.

It was describing a previous issue and wondering if using older SC libraries might lead to the same problem.

I agree that it’s unlikely to be an issue due to their general quality.

Using older orchestral libraries is likely to be more of an issue than with keyboards.

1 hour ago, Technostica said:

The comment you referenced didn’t mention a specific sample company let alone a product.

It was describing a previous issue and wondering if using older SC libraries might lead to the same problem.

I agree that it’s unlikely to be an issue due to their general quality.

Using older orchestral libraries is likely to be more of an issue than with keyboards.

I'm not sure of the value of nitpicking people's responses as you just did mine as you did to Larry on the day he took a break from the forum, but...He provided a specific example (i.e., "regarding some of Soniccouture's products, including the Broken Wurli. These are very old samples.")  and that enabled me to provide a specific response with the included his example and a more general response with regard to older libraries that he didn't name. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

yup. thats was i am looking at.

because of you i was like "maybe Telecode is talkking bout Sund drums " ..check those out , while i found the HH kinda harsh sometime it's a pure beauty ....don't listen to itttttttttt!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

because of you i was like "maybe Telecode is talkking bout Sund drums " ..check those out , while i found the HH kinda harsh sometime it's a pure beauty ....don't listen to itttttttttt!!!!!!!!

I am a big drum machine  geek. I have liked the sound of those Electro Acoustic for long time. Just a lot of $$$ to spend. But still eyeing them.