Neural DSP Countdown to Black Friday

cclarry

38 minutes ago, BTP said:

Looks like the last 2 years it's been all products 50% off.

I seem to remember Tone King being excluded or discounted less highly last year, which is why I'm probably going to grab it this year. Gosh, life's expensive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jan Schmitz said:

I seem to remember Tone King being excluded or discounted less highly last year, which is why I'm probably going to grab it this year. Gosh, life's expensive.

I tested it , still think pretty everything can be done with plini ...it lacks cab swap and more pedals ...

1 hour ago, BTP said:

I was ready to buy a product but they added VAT at checkout without previously mentioning about it. As someone who's used to always seeing the VAT included in the price that really annoys me. Not buying anything.

Europeans have to pay Vat  in every deal .

In the US nobody charges VAT for software,if I have observed it right.

If a european buys software in the US  the vat is 

added often in the last purchase process.

Edited by Pragi

5 minutes ago, Pragi said:

Europeans are watching  the Vat  in every deal .

In the US they don´t charge VAT for software,if I have observed it right, so the vat is ( for the europeans)

Sorry, a double.

Edited by Pragi

1 hour ago, Pragi said:

Europeans have to pay Vat  in every deal .

In the US nobody charges VAT for software,if I have observed it right.

If a european buys software in the US  the vat is 

I believe this is true, but I also get VERY annoyed by it. I don't know in front if a company is US based. So let's say that 80-90% of the websites I buy from have tax included in their prices. I know what I will pay.

So you think there's a good deal, but suddenly you're faced with a 20% increase upon checkout. It put me off buying the Microcosm pedal. Websites should be VERY clear about this.

Izotope and IK Multimedia do prices ex tax, but are also pretty clear that their prices are shown ex tax I think.

Looks like Neural DSP is a Finnish company. It's strange that they don't even mention VAT because VAT is basically always included in the price in Finland.

I guess it's because most of their customers are from other countries. 

The Tone King is the only one that looks appealing. But quite frankly, I have more than enough amp sims and am currently sitting it out on the sidelines to see how the ToneX thing pans out. Basically waiting to see if the low cost poor mans kemper is the direction home recording guitarists will be moving towards and away from traditional sims.

9 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

The Tone King is the only one that looks appealing. But quite frankly, I have more than enough amp sims and am currently sitting it out on the sidelines to see how the ToneX thing pans out. Basically waiting to see if the low cost poor mans kemper is the direction home recording guitarists will be moving towards and away from traditional sims.

Tonex is good but it is also only as good as those capturing amps.  We need more people diving in and capturing.  Even so the tech is limited to a really nice static grab so it won't satisfy everyone that needs to dial it in, without adding other things to the path to process it.

It is way lighter on the CPU than AT5 though and that adds to the appeal.

Edited by Brian Walton

The conversion from Aud to Euro is about the same as from Aud to USD, friggin everything is more expensive here in Oz. 49E is 75Aud. I wish these companies would do some sort of equalization discount depending on which country you come from.

• Great Idea 1