50% off Arturia V Collection 9, FX Collection 3, and Pigments:

cclarry

15 minutes ago, cclarry said:

The difference is investing in what you'll actually use, or in  what will gather virtual dust.
Like I said, that's just my opinion

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

That's about 90% of everything I have.

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

You and me both!

Anyone want to set up a poll?

• What percent of your virtual gear do you actually use (as oppose to letting it collect virtual dust)?
    • 90 - 100%
    • 80 - 89%
    • 70 - 79%
    • 60 - 69%
    • 50 - 59%
    • 40 - 49%
    • 30 - 39%
    • 20 - 29%
    • 10 - 19%
    • 5 - 9%
    • 4%
    • 3%
    • 2%
    • 1%
    • less that 1/20th of a %

My VC8 to VC9 upgrade is $99. That's better than my new initial VC9 offer price of $149 was. :)

Decisions, decisions... So I already have VC8 and Augmented Strings.

VC9 would add for me:

• KORG MS-20 V [new]
  • SQ80 V [new]
  • Augmented VOICES [new]
  • Prophet-5 V [updated]
  • Prophet-VS V [new]
  • CS-80 V 4 [updated]
  • Piano V 3 [updated]

I have the MS-20 in the Korg Collection 3, and the u-he Repro 5 version of the Prophet 5, and am considering the upcoming Cherry Audio version of the CS-80. Not really all that interested in the SQ80 or Prophet-VS V.

So it all comes down to how much better the Piano V 3 and/or CS-80 V 4 might be to push me over the edge... ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

Drum libraries are a dime a dozen.

i wish. drum libraries are the biggest software investment by far here, but they also get the most use. unfortunately for my preferences, it's also the category with the fewest quality options.

the FX3 Collection looks like a great deal with good takes on standards plus some unique offerings, not my normal cup o' tea but liking the potential for 'different' with Fragments.  Coldfire seems like it should be part of the collection given the '_Dist' prefix, but it's the newest, most likely holding off on bundling that while they can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

So what's your opinion on the Piano V 3 and the CS-80 V 4?  How much improved are they over the VC8 versions?

Asking for a friend! ;)

Lots, both.

I’d say Piano V3 still isn’t as good as Pianoteq 7, but it does have some different colors, especially the uprights. And much better tweaking options. 

CS-80 V4 finally lives up to the hardware original of Vangelis fame. And listen to Steve Porcaro doing Toto’s Africa on it: 

https://www.arturia.com/stories/steve-porcaro

• Thanks 1

I upgraded to V Collection 9 very recently at a stupidly low price (via a trade) and checked my account and there's a Crossgrade to FX Collection for $49.
I also have Tape MELLO-FI which was a freebie, so maybe that brought the price down!
So if you don't have Tape MELLO-FI and your crossgrade is higher, it might be worth buying it from KVR etc to bring it down!
Not guaranteed to work.

There's also a Pigments crossgrade for $49 but I'll probably pass.
Glad I didn't wait for the BF sale as I've upgraded to V9 and added FX3 for ~$75 in total.

Thanks to all for the informative details and personal reflections. I have concluded it is a good deal, but based on other priorities I will not be upgrading this year. 

As some may know, I have been increasingly integrating Voltage Modular into my CbB-based workflow. So, I booted VM and dusted off "MIDI IO Tester - 003 Analog Lab V.voltagepreset." It reminded me what I especially liked about Analog Lab V--the instruments and the presets sound super nice and VM's control gives me tremendous potential for manipulating my 3200+ presets.  And in the process I discovered the free JSPA pack. 

Again, thanks for the discussion.

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

Lots, both.

I’d say Piano V3 still isn’t as good as Pianoteq 7, but it does have some different colors, especially the uprights. And much better tweaking options. 

CS-80 V4 finally lives up to the hardware original of Vangelis fame. And listen to Steve Porcaro doing Toto’s Africa on it: 

https://www.arturia.com/stories/steve-porcaro

No Pianoteq here, and Piano V2 sounds decent to me. Came bundled with my KeyLab 61 Mk II. My favorite piano at the moment is NI Noire, followed by Una Corda and The Giant.

Just downloaded the demos of Piano V3 and CS-80 V4 to check them out. Will probably wait until I take a look at Cherry Audio's offering next Tuesday to make any decisions...

6 hours ago, abacab said:

My VC8 to VC9 upgrade is $99. That's better than my new initial VC9 offer price of $149 was. :)

Decisions, decisions... So I already have VC8 and Augmented Strings.

VC9 would add for me:

• KORG MS-20 V [new]
  • SQ80 V [new]
  • Augmented VOICES [new]
  • Prophet-5 V [updated]
  • Prophet-VS V [new]
  • CS-80 V 4 [updated]
  • Piano V 3 [updated]

I have the MS-20 in the Korg Collection 3, and the u-he Repro 5 version of the Prophet 5, and am considering the upcoming Cherry Audio version of the CS-80. Not really all that interested in the SQ80 or Prophet-VS V.

So it all comes down to how much better the Piano V 3 and/or CS-80 V 4 might be to push me over the edge... ;)

I am in the same boat as you.  I use my VC8 A LOT, but not sure if I need the missing ones. I like that they upgraded CS-80, but I doubt I will make anything Vangelis to warrant the addition.  I just wonder if these is something else I need more than simply adding to ny arturia collection. I can probably get same price next year with additional content I want.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Technostica said:

Anyone here with FX1, please report back the upgrade price to FX3.

$49 for the FX3 upgrade  and $69 for Pigments, which I was on the fence about earlier but that price might make me fall onto their side of the fence.  Just looking further, I see $149 to upgrade to V9 but I don't have anything from previous versions. 

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 2:08 PM, Fleer said:

CS-80 V4 finally lives up to the hardware original of Vangelis fame.

After a quick run checking out the Arturia demos of Piano V3, and CS-80 V4, I have to say the the presets are definitely better and more usable out of the box! Much fuller and more realistic sound than with the previous versions.

I wonder how much of that is a reflection of the new synth engines, and how much of that is just better sound programming? Maybe a bit of both? I didn't have time to deep dive into these so that's just a first impression.

Regardless, I think that these more usable sounds make these updates worthwhile! :)

• Like 1