Steinberg Cyber Weeks Save 50%

Frank

19 minutes ago, Spice3d said:

Yup, been waiting for deal on Halion 😕 

I am fairly sure a 50% off will come. It all come down to do you want to part with more $ to get more stuff. I personally have been trimming down what I have so I can spend less time sorting through what to use and more time making music.

3 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

i haven't used it. but i believe if two people have cubase pro and vst live pro, they can collaborate remotely on projects. or something to that fashion.

I think you’re thinking of VST Connect: https://www.steinberg.net/vst-connect/

VST Connect Pro is a fully featured, remote recording solution that lets anybody record a voice talent, musician or other performer in professional quality, regardless of where each of them is on the planet.

It’s not on sale right now.

Here’s the VST Live description: https://www.steinberg.net/vst-live/

Make your live easier with VST Live, the ultimate live performance system. A unique, stable software solution, it is designed for musicians who want to put on a great show, including sound, lights and video, wherever you are. VST Live comes with a vast array of virtual instruments, sync features for your music, text and chord symbol displaying on other devices, video, Cubase import, MIDI tracks for direct DMX light control and much more.

VST Live is a VST host along the lines of Cantibile, Gig Performer, and Camelot.  It’s pretty new—still a 1.X product—not as mature as the competition, but I’m intrigued by the syncing features.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

Here’s a VST Live review: https://yamahamusicians.com/steinberg-vst-live-pro-review/

You get licenses for three software instruments:

• HALion Sonic SE 3 including the Pro / Artist / Basic Set sound sets. This includes a few thousands of sounds and will well satisfy all bread & butter live sounds
  • Padshop Pro 2 which is quite a nice spectral and granular synthesis instrument
  • Retrologue 2 that is an emulation of classic analogue synthesizer

It may be worth it to get these VIs for $50 without paying for Cubase Pro.  I only have the HALion Sonic SE Basic sound set—I don’t know if the Artist or Pro sound sets are any good.  Any thoughts?  How do they compare to the full HALion Sonic?  I’m pretty much a preset user.

Edited by ALC

2 hours ago, ALC said:

VST Live is a VST host along the lines of Cantibile, Gig Performer, and Camelot.  It’s pretty new—still a 1.X product—not as mature as the competition, but I’m intrigued by the syncing features.

I know nothing about this stuff. Is this something you install on your laptop and take to a gig and run your VIs through the PA system?

33 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I know nothing about this stuff. Is this something you install on your laptop and take to a gig and run your VIs through the PA system?

Exactly.  It’s a plugin host optimized for live use without the overhead of a DAW.

The price of the $50 update from Absolut 4 to 5 is worth it.

I got the new Amped Elektra electric piano, electric bass,

Backbone drum re-synthesizer,

Polarities library for Padshop 2,  Sounds of Soul for Retrologue 2 and Future Past Perfect for Groove Agent 5

I have most of what's in Absolute 5 bought separately, apart from Groove Agent 5 (I have GA 5 SE included with Cubase 12 Pro).
The Absolute 5 upgrade cost is currently 150 GBP inc VAT for me so it's probably worth my waiting for a sale on Groove Agent 5.

I'm also still waiting for Halion 7; seems to be long overdue.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up purchasing VST Live Pro for $50.  It includes HALion Sonic SE 3 (with Pro/Artist/Basic), Padshop Pro 2 (costs $129.99 standalone), and Retrologue 2.

I've been looking for a VST host for live performance (that's not a DAW) that's straightforward for others to pick up.  For my own use, I've been using Gig Performer, but it's a bit complex for those not familiar with it (modes!).  I like the VST Live GUI as it's built around sets/songs/part.  Feels to be a cleaner design than Cantabile (granted I've only used Lite), Gig Performer, and Camelot.  Gig Performer has the best plugin manager (being able to hide unused plugins)--I hope Steinberg can improve VST Live's plugin management.

Addendum: more info ... I use Gig Performer for hosting guitar plugins and it's capable of handling complex flows.  VST Live seems to be cleaner/faster for straightforward hosting keyboard/synth plugins (nothing complex, I just want piano/e-piano/organ/pads at the same time, and be able to adjust the levels, and swap them around, and recall configurations).

Edited by ALC
  • Like 2