SampleTekk Winter Sale - 90% discount on all

Kreveta Puket

This is the time to purchase from SampleTekk.

For those who don't have Kontakt (yet), if you can use the EXS format, buy the non-Mk II libraries.  Logic/Mainstage/GarageBand use EXS instruments.  Studio One's Presence and Ableton's Sampler can import EXS instruments.  And if you eventually get full Kontakt, you can buy the upgrade to the Mk II version here.  I actually purchase the non-Mk II versions and the upgrade to get both (for maximum flexibility).

Update: Looks like there are sfz versions for a lot of the libraries now so that's an option for those without the full Kontakt.

Edited by ALC

36 minutes ago, daveiv said:

So, the samples in MkII and non-MkII are the same, and the only difference is MkII is for Kontakt?

Since the samplers has been become more advanced and the Black Grand still are one of our most popular pianos, we decided to bring it up to date and add some functions in the line of the original ideas.
In the MkII all microphone perspectives are included so you can use them one by one, of mix to taste!
We also added hammerback and pedalnoise samples.
Then we added our True Resonance feature and used Kontakts scripting facilities to make Real Time/True Pedaling, Sympathetic Resonance and some other nifty features, and, Voila: The Black Grand MkII

So, same base samples but more.  The MkII is the most advanced version.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ALC said:

Thank you! I'm quoting Lode_Runner from VI-Control here:

I love them.

Their product line does get very confusing though with different mic perspectives being sold as different products with often very different names, and the coexistence of the original versions and the MKII versions side by side.

So here's a quick rundown of the many versions of three of their main pianos (I've marked the ones I consider to be the ultimate versions in bold):

Yamaha C7

• TBO (The Big One) = Close mic
  • 7CG (Seven Seas Grand) = Room mic
  • TSO (The Small One) = Close mic lite
  • 7CG Jr (Seven Seas Grand Junior) = Room mic lite
  • TBO MkII = The close mic with version 2 upgrades
  • 7CG MkII = The room mic with version 2 upgrades
  • TVBO (The Very Big One) = Both close mic version 2 and room mic version 2 (ie this is the most complete version)

Steinway D

• Black Grand = original version, all 3 mic perspectives
  • Black Grand Close = original version, close mic only
  • Black Grand Medium = original version, medium mic only
  • Black Grand Ambient = original version, room mic only
  • Steiny D - Close! = A lite version of Black Grand Close
  • Steiny D - Classic Grand = A lite version Black Grand Ambient (or medium?)
  • Steiny D Close sfzed and Steiny D Classic Sfzed = as above but for Sforzando rather than Kontakt.
  • Black Grand MkII = all 3 mics, plus version 2 upgrades (ie this is the most complete version)
  • SampleTekk Black - Powered by Kontakt = a version that came out after the original version but before the MKII version. So far as I can see it has just one mic perspective, 'refined samples' (I'm not sure what that means exactly), and runs in the free Kontakt Player (most of their other libraries don't).

Malmsjö

• White Grand = original version, close mic
  • White Sister = original version, stereo mics
  • Blue Grand = Close and Room mics for a more ambient sound plus some slight changes to the tuning (I think from the description this may be pre-mixed, you don't have control of the different mics, but I'm not sure, and I don't know what they mean by the changes to the tuning).
  • WG2 = original version, both close and stereo mics
  • WG Jr = original version, lite version of White Grand
  • White Grand Mk II = close mic with version 2 upgrades
  • Blue Grand MkII = Blue Grand with version 2 upgrades
  • WG2 MKII = Both mics with version 2 upgrades

Please correct me if I have got any of the above wrong.