Drum map channel reassignment

Chrisp4d

I'm using superior 3 and kontakt on the same midi file with a drum map that shares the 2 vstis.  Everything works great, the drum is fine and is recallable in the same session I created it in. The problem I have is when I save those tracks as a template and import else where, the drum map always resets the channel outputs to just the superior vst and I have to redo the kontakt part.

To me, it looks like the drum map only remembers the instances of kontakt inside the initial project I create it in. Superior was the initial vst I made the midi on and then added kontakt after which is probably why it gets changed.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the OP might never get back here to see this late response, but for the record:

Normally you'd leave the channels alone, and just change the port assignment to match the second synth.

In any case, make sure to re-save the drum map independently of saving the project, and save the template after saving the drum map.  Both channel and port assignments should persist when the template with drum map is used in a new project.