Why is this happening?

Skeptik

I just updated and afterwards the editing is all screwed up.  When 2 clips are overlapping each other I edit them by shortening them and anything that was underneath gets "greyed" out and now longer makes any sound.  What is this and why is this happening?  It was perfectly fine before the update recently.776024239_greyedout.thumb.png.e507b313955ba775223e3486bd4f2c13.png

There is a bug in the new update, every time I start or load a project, the editing automatically defaults to "comping" and I literally never use that feature, I always use "sound on sound" it's substantially easier for editing purposes.  This is a bug that needs to be addressed.  That's what this problem is.

Possibly you're having an issue with Workspaces overriding per-project settings. I don't use Workspaces, and am not seeing any issues. Here's a quick overview of the relevant features:

Comping is both a recording mode and an editing tool. Setting the record mode to Sound on Sound has no effect on the availability of the Comping tool. The recording mode is per-project and I'm not seeing any problem with having other modes persist on re-opening different projects.

Having the editing tool available as part of the Smart tool is optional (right-click the Smart tool in the Tools Module of the Control Bar) and applies to all projects. When it's enabled as part of the Smart tool, it's only active when clicking in the bottom half of a lane.  It's also a mode of the Edit tool, and a quick check shows the Edit tool defaults back to Edit mode when closing/re-opening a projects (the same goes for mode of the Draw and Erase tools).  The recording mode is per-project and I'm not seeing any problem with having other modes persist on re-opening different projects.

• Like 1