Kirk Hunter Studios Kinetic Percussion Motion Engine

antler

OUT NOW: Kinetic Percussion Motion Engine by Kirk Hunter Studios – 25% OFF!

OVER 50,000 SAMPLES, FROM INTIMATE TO EPIC-CINEMATIC

Introducing the latest release from Kirk Hunter Studios – Kinetic Percussion Motion Engine. Now available for $149.99 (instead of $199.99) intro pricing for the next few days.

With Kinetic Percussion, you have a vast arsenal of percussion themes and keymaps at your fingertips!

Up to 4 timelines where each timeline can have any one of 28 different percussion keymaps. Each timeline contains 64 note or rest events and can be divided into up to 4 “regions”. And you can have each timeline play a different pattern whether you hold down a single note or chord!

This is a limited-time offer you should not miss, hurry and save!

Note: Requires the full version of Kontakt 6.6.1 or newer.

https://audioplugin.deals/kinetic-percussion-motion-engine-by-kirk-hunter-studios

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Love my Kirk Hunter libs. Even got a $30 off (loyalty) coupon. 

If you go all the way back to 2010, I was responsible for the idea and name of Pop/Rock Strings and even helped Kirk with a few group buys back in the 2010s. I could be wrong, but I think you might have been around back then.  That was here, KVR and VI Control.  The product idea I had was a smaller, affordable package of very dry strings aimed at people who do pop and rock music. Basically it could have been called George Martin, Eleanor Rigby Strings -- well except for the massive  trademark  issues  -- because that was  essentially the sound  I had in mind.  

Edited by PavlovsCat

17 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I still have Pop Rock Strings.  KH stopped doing Kontakt Player instruments.

The licensing costs for KONTAKT Player HAS HISTORICALLY been pretty high for small developers.  

I used the username edrummist back then. I still do at KVR, but rarely post anywhere but here lately,  when it comes to music forums. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
Added "has historically."

56 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

If you go all the way back to 2010, I was responsible for the idea and name of Pop/Rock Strings and even helped Kirk with a few group buys back in the 2010s. I could be wrong, but I think you might have been around back then.  That was here, KVR and VI Control.  The product idea I had was a smaller, affordable package of very dry strings aimed at people who do pop and rock music. Basically it could have been called George Martin, Eleanor Rigby Strings -- well except for the massive  trademark  issues  -- because that was  essentially the sound  I had in mind.  

Spitfire did the same much later and more expensive with their Abbey Road Iconic Strings. Still want to get that one, but I read it’s overly wet. 

4 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

The licensing costs for KONTAKT Player is pretty high for small developers.  

I used the username edrummist back then. I still do at KVR, but rarely post anywhere but here lately,  when it comes to music forums. 

Read somewhere that Kontakt Player licensing got much cheaper last year or so. I guess that’s why we’re seeing more and more Kontakt Player freebies like Heavyocity’s Foundation series. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Read somewhere that Kontakt Player licensing got much cheaper last year or so. I guess that’s why we’re seeing more and more Kontakt Player freebies like Heavyocity’s Foundation series. 

I heard the NI folks were doing a bunch of things differently lately regarding working with developers. I should have prefaced my statement with "historically." NI has had a change of ownership since the days of Pop/Rock Strings. Hopefully they're still gong to run a 50% off KOMPLETE update many of us have gotten used to. 

19 minutes ago, antler said:

Yup. It's usually in their Summer of Sound promotion, rather than Black Friday though.

While they've been discounting pretty heavily,  I still wouldn't count on NI doing the exact promotions they did prior to the company being acquired. But the odds look good, based on what they've been doing and their sales promotions over at Izotope. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

I picked up Kinetic Strings a while back. I liked the idea of putting 4 string sections in motion from one instrument.

The 3 newer Kinetic ones, Brass, Woodwinds, and Percussion look interesting. Especially the Percussion! :)

Edited by abacab

On 11/12/2022 at 10:49 AM, Fleer said:

Spitfire did the same much later and more expensive with their Abbey Road Iconic Strings. Still want to get that one, but I read it’s overly wet. 

I'm a bit of a sucker for Abbey Road sounding instruments and effects when they go after anything that captures the sound from the Fab Four. Back when I was playing professionally, I really didn't spend much time playing Beatles covers. But as a hobbyist,  and now that physically,  I can't even play anything complex anymore,  I love playing Beatles songs. 60s Abbey Road Drums, Waves Abbey Road plugins, M-Tron Pro, Orange Tree Samples Rick 12 String and Vintage Violin bass....Fleer, if you love that sound like me, there's a string library from Impact Soundworks that often goes on sale for around $29 or $39 USD that I just love. I can't recall it's name and I've never seen anyone post about it,  but it really gets that kind of George Martin string sound and the sale price is a steal. 

EDIT: This is the library.  The demos don't really convey what the library sounds like dry -- which I think is wonderful. 

https://impactsoundworks.com/product/rhapsody-orchestral-colors/

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Great Idea 1

8 minutes ago, Peter Woods said:

there's a quartet string library from Impact Soundworks that often goes on sale for around $29 or $39 USD that I just love.

You sure it's ISW? The only cheap string library there seems to be Furia Staccato Strings. The only other contender might be Rhapsody: Orchestral Colors, but it's not really a string quartet (but then neither is FSS).

1 hour ago, antler said:

You sure it's ISW? The only cheap string library there seems to be Furia Staccato Strings. The only other contender might be Rhapsody: Orchestral Colors, but it's not really a string quartet (but then neither is FSS).

Yeah, I realized after I went to the site it's not a quartet (which doesn't make sense anyhow, considering it's samples of cellis --not a solo cello, violins, violas and double bass, my bad)! I'm on my phone,  but it's definitely the library I'm thinking of and I love it. I'm prettty sure that I used it in my cover of Strawberry Fields (so anyone listening knows, when I record a song, I don't practice it, because I have very bad tendonitis and I am quickly in pain after playing, so I pretty much either Google chords and lyrics for a song and start playing with record or I spend a little time with a section and then press record; so my playing is definitely far from smooth, but I am improving in the almost two years since I've started playing, around 20 years after an injury stopped me from playing professionally or even as a hobbyist, so until recently, everything I've recorded and shared is basically me playing something for the first time and improvising arrangements and any ideas that pop into my head when playing). 

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Thanks, PC, good to know. Got the library a few years ago but haven’t tried it yet :(

The one I really like is Fab Four from EastWest. Pretty pretty good. 

I debated many, many times about getting Fab Four, but ended up not getting it, largely because I figured I had very Beatle-esque sounding drums, Trons, guitars, pianos and other instruments in KONTAKT format. 

Okay, somebody get this thread back on track and post about Kirk's library! I actually don't have this library,  but I've I've seen very positive posts about this and his other libraries in the series (just take a look at some of the composer testimonials on the landing page). 

Edited by Peter Woods

18 hours ago, abacab said:

I picked up Kinetic Strings a while back. I liked the idea of putting 4 string sections in motion from one instrument.

The 3 newer Kinetic ones, Brass, Woodwinds, and Percussion look interesting. Especially the Percussion! :)

Yep, it’s a sweet one indeed. 

• Like 1