Redwirez Customers PSA

Heath Row

It is with a sad heart that I must report our dear old Redwirez no more, yes, they have come to the end of the road. They say they will keep the site up, have limited support, fix any minor bugs for around a year. So if you never kept your downloads, I suggest you keep an eye on the site and download and back up your files. You can't access the downloads at the moment, they say they are getting some stuff sorted, so keep your eyes on the site for when downloads resume.

There are no more sales are being made.

I have everything they have ever sold, and they are all backed up multiple times, so I am safe, just letting those who may not know, well . . . you know . . . know.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If they are really closing shop and not selling through someone else.  Honestly not sure why a company like this doesn't just release the IR packs for free download.  There is no suppot needed for such things.

I don't remember the liscencing system for software (like the IR loader itself) but of course if they have protection on the softare removing it before releasing it as "freeware" is a burden on the developer.

Edited by Brian Walton

12 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

If they are really closing shop and not selling through someone else.  Honestly not sure why a company like this doesn't just release the IR packs for free download.  There is no suppot needed for such things.

I don't remember the liscencing system for software (like the IR loader itself) but of course if they have protection on the softare removing it before releasing it as "freeware" is a burden on the developer.

Actually, for a brief period prior to this week, former customers had access to download all of the IRs for free including those they didn't previously own. Not sure why they're no longer available, but the wording on the website suggests they might be made available again:

"Sorry. Downloads are temporarily suspended while we work through some issues. Please try back later."

• Like 1