Not a deal - going Kontakt less

Fleer

Got a new lappie, a MacBook Air M2 16GB/512GB as a swift little companion to go with the monstrous MacBook Pro M1Max 64GB/4TB as my main axe. 
And I’m planning on keeping them Kontakt free, at least the little one. 
Yep, you heard that right. I’ll fill it up with Falcon and its UVI banks, Arturia V Collection and Pigments, Melda MSoundFactory and friends, Spitfire BBCSO and Originals, Scaler, Toontrack, AAS, Bitwig, Omnisphere, Keyscape, Kilohearts, iZotope, Eventide, SugarBytes, XLN, Pianoteq, Organteq, Zynaptiq, PSP, Valhalla, Soundtoys, Softube, Relab, Unify and the lot, maybe even throw in some EastWest but no Kontakt, no.
Love this feeling.

Free at last.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Got a new lappie, a MacBook Air M2 16GB/512GB as a swift little companion to go with the monstrous MacBook Pro M1Max 64GB/4TB as my main axe. 
Yep, you heard that right. I’ll fill it up with Falcon and its UVI banks, Arturia V Collection and Pigments, Melda MSoundFactory and friends, Spitfire BBCSO and Originals, Scaler, Toontrack, AAS, Bitwig, Omnisphere, Keyscape, Kilohearts, iZotope, Eventide, SugarBytes, XLN, Pianoteq, Organteq, Zynaptiq, PSP, Valhalla, Soundtoys, Softube, Relab, Unify and the lot, maybe even throw in some EastWest but no Kontakt, no.
Love this feeling.

Free at last.

No KONTAKT? I don't think I could do it. I'm not sure I have had a single project that doesn't use at least one instance of KONTAKT. 

• Like 1

Nah, I’m being coy, shy and bashful, as Edith would say. 
Too much in love with too many Kontakt libraries to part with them, like that wonderful Bechstein and everything from OrangeTreeSamples or Soundiron and the like. 
So I’m keeping them warm and fuzzy on my desktop rig :)

• Like 1

Before you abandon KONTAKT,  think about the employees of hard drive companies and their families,  Fleer. Think about the children!!! Come back to KONTAKT. Do the right thing and order those additional hard drives tonight. For the children. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

UVI banks, Arturia V Collection and Pigments, Melda MSoundFactory and friends, Spitfire BBCSO and Originals, Scaler, Toontrack, AAS, Bitwig, Omnisphere, Keyscape, Kilohearts, iZotope, Eventide, SugarBytes, XLN, Pianoteq, Organteq, Zynaptiq, PSP, Valhalla, Soundtoys, Softube, Relab, Unify

Are you sure you are well covered? 🥳

Just Ominisphere is a whole galaxy to explore X)

I guess Kontakt... good riddance! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fleer said:

Love this feeling.

Free at last.

I understand - one SD3 full library and you're maxed out 😁

(I joke about the size of SD3 libraries, but they are very good)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Fleer said:

Love this feeling.

Free at last.

Whats so bad about Kontakt (apart from HiDPI missing)?

I would feel free if the count of VSTs would be under 10 in my DAW.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Peter Hintze said:

Whats so bad about Kontakt (apart from HiDPI missing)?

Some people don't like it because they say it's ugly, and there's a fairly high cost for entry. Other than that, nothing - if you have enough space for the libraries.

• Great Idea 1