transport controls

michael edwards

Question

Does anyone know why the Play and Stop buttons on the transport control box make a drum sound when pressed? they function correctly ie. they do play and stop but they make this annoying drum sound everytime they are pressed...I have encountered this problem sometime ago...I left cakewalk for a while and never resolved this issue.. Since reloading the application it has been fine. ie no unwanted sounds from the transport bar, as I have been uploading audio backing files and making templates etc. But after the first time of doing some trial recordings of midi this transport bar problem happened again.

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, michael edwards said:

Does anyone know why the Play and Stop buttons on the transport control box make a drum sound when pressed?

But after the first time of doing some trial recordings of midi this transport bar problem happened again.

If you are using Session Drummer - I had the same issue - Make sure you have any MIDI loops unselected in the SD3 interface. Took me forever to figure this but it seems if you have a loop selected in SD it will play one time along with whatever tracks you are playing when you hit "play" in Cake.

If you aren't using Session Drummer ignore me I don't know anything . . .

on further investigation ..i turns out to be a guitar string hit.. I discovered it is coming from the Ample guitar Lite track.. I have deleated all clips in that track but still the Play button in the transport bar still makes a guitar string percussive note each time it is pressed. For now I have deleated the track containing the Ample Lite guitar and the noise has stopped. So I dont know why ample guitar is causing that. Anyway just for info.

• Like 1