Update from Izotope re: Nectar 3 causing crashes

Billy86

Hi all. Like others of you, I started experiencing crashes in Cakewalk after the update to Nectar 3.8. That Nectar was the cause was confirmed by CbB Tech support after they reviewed my crash dump file. I reached out to Izotope, and it is a known issue. Here was their response: 

<<Thanks for contacting iZotope Customer Care! We apologize for the inconvenience with this issue. 

We are currently tracking an issue with Nectar 3.8 causing crashes and are trying to collect some more information around this issue. 
If the crash that occurred created a crash log could you please share that with us? This will be helpful in order for our product team to investigate further. 
We would also like to get a system information file as well if possible .>>

I provided them the files they requested. Hopefully, a fix is coming soon. 

EDIT: I rolled back to Nectar 3.7 and it fixed the issue. 

Edited by Billy86
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 11/10/2022 at 10:04 AM, Billy86 said:

Hi all. Like others of you, I started experiencing crashes in Cakewalk after the update to Nectar 3.8. That Nectar was the cause was confirmed by CbB Tech support after they reviewed my crash dump file. I reached out to Izotope, and it is a known issue. Here was their response: 

<<Thanks for contacting iZotope Customer Care! We apologize for the inconvenience with this issue. 

We are currently tracking an issue with Nectar 3.8 causing crashes and are trying to collect some more information around this issue. 
If the crash that occurred created a crash log could you please share that with us? This will be helpful in order for our product team to investigate further. 
We would also like to get a system information file as well if possible .>>

I provided them the files they requested. Hopefully, a fix is coming soon. 

EDIT: I rolled back to Nectar 3.7 and it fixed the issue. 

I have contacted iZotope regarding this issue using their web-based reporting tool. Did iZotope provide you a link to the 3.7 installer? Everywhere I look I can only find the current 3.8 version... Appreciate any comment.

Yes. I’m not at my computer but will post something when I am. Also, I contacted them last week about the issue and the tech support person said a fix in Version 3.9 was scheduled for May but is behind and should be available shortly. 

24 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Yes. I’m not at my computer but will post something when I am. Also, I contacted them last week about the issue and the tech support person said a fix in Version 3.9 was scheduled for May but is behind and should be available shortly. 

Appreciate the info! Thank you.

Well, I'm somewhat dead in the water... Have yet to hear back from iZotope... I could [shift] + load working projects (and not load Nectar), but I really don't want to lose my Nectar settings... I am still searching for a download link to iZotope's Nectar Plus 3.7, but (still) all roads lead to 3.8.... Perhaps 3.9 will arrive soon!

I had nothing but trouble with those plug ins  so I did the smart thing and moved on. They really don’t do anything that common eq, compressors and whatever do. Best to learn the tried and true tools that don’t crash and are much lower CPU hogs and move on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Knappen said:

Well, I'm somewhat dead in the water... Have yet to hear back from iZotope... I could [shift] + load working projects (and not load Nectar), but I really don't want to lose my Nectar settings... I am still searching for a download link to iZotope's Nectar Plus 3.7, but (still) all roads lead to 3.8.... Perhaps 3.9 will arrive soon!

If you would like, I can upload 3.7 to my DropBox and PM you the link, just let me know.

Edited by Artie Choke

2 hours ago, Richard Knappen said:

Sorry for the delay. Busy day. You can PM me and I can also send you a DropBox link to the 3.7 installer. 

On 6/13/2023 at 9:06 PM, Billy86 said:

Sorry for the delay. Busy day. You can PM me and I can also send you a DropBox link to the 3.7 installer. 

Thank you again for posting the link. I used Revo uninstaller to remove Nectar (& essentials), then installed 3.7. All is well, no apparent issues! This experience has given me reason to search for reports of issues before (blindly) updating plug-ins.

Hopefully 3.9 will happen soon. Nectar’s been my vocal strip of choice for years.

In the interim, I’ve been working around it by not using the Harmonizer module, only enabling Nectar when I’m in high latency mix mode (1024 samples at 44.1), and freezing the track as soon as possible. 

It’d be nice if it just worked again, like 3.7 did!

18 hours ago, Richard Knappen said:

Thank you again for posting the link. I used Revo uninstaller to remove Nectar (& essentials), then installed 3.7. All is well, no apparent issues! This experience has given me reason to search for reports of issues before (blindly) updating plug-ins.

I think maybe @Artie Choke did that? I didn't get a PM from you so I could provide the link.

I came to the forum looking for why my Cakewalk was crashing and here it is! You people are awesome!

Hope the update comes soon. I suspect Nectar has been a  problem all along with my core 1 surging way ahead of all the rest on occasions.

It is the plugin that has probably received the least amount of love from Izotope.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 12:10 PM, Billy86 said:

I think maybe @Artie Choke did that? I didn't get a PM from you so I could provide the link.

OK, thanks for that clarification. I'm afflicted with macular degeneration, so I can blame that!

I noticed today that nectar Plus 3.9 has been released. I'm hesitant to update until I see that others have used it with no issues.

2 hours ago, Richard Knappen said:

Have you installed? I'm hesitant to do so.

I installed and it has not crashed Cakewalk, yet. 

I think it is fixed. It seems to work very well now.  Time will tell.

Edited by RexRed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2023 at 5:07 PM, Jeremy Oakes said:

Just so you know - us mere mortals who only have Nectar 3 Advanced (and not Plus, yes there is a difference)) are still on v3.3, with no update. 

Or so sez my Product Portal.

J

Yes, the new Nectar Pro update is version 3.90