IK Multimedia SampleTank Squared Deal

Frank

SampleTank Squared

Purchase and register as many as 8 qualifying SampleTank Libraries and get up to 64 more FREE!

We’re celebrating the release of 10 new SampleTank libraries and the new Syntronik Synth-X with the first-ever promotion of its kind.

SampleTank Squared gives you an incredible way to get up 64 FREE SampleTank libraries, including Syntronik 2 instruments.

Purchase and register up to 8 of the new SampleTank libraries and square that number. That’s how many FREE products you can redeem of equal or lesser value.

Let’s do the math:

Buy 1, get (1 x 1) 1 Free*

Buy 2, get (2 x 2) 4 Free*

Buy 3, get (3 x 3) 9 Free*

Buy 4, get (4 x 4) 16 Free*

Buy 5, get (5 x 5) 25 Free*

Buy 6, get (6 x 6) 36 Free*

Buy 7, get (7 x 7) 49 Free*

Buy 8, get (8 x 😎 64 Free*

IK Multimedia. Musicians First
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletanksquared/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Guys, did anyone of you get an IKM newsletter "IK's MAX deals continue - now through January 9"? I got it on 4th Jan, basically it says that the Sampletank Squared is too extended through January 9th. I bought an (second) item after that email but nothing popped-up in the Promotions page. Anyone had similar experience? On the Sampletank Squared page, which is now down, there was no update of the end date, but there was a pop-up window enticing to buy another item giving impression that the promotion still goes on. Doesn't give great feelings of confidence but I thought I'd pull the trigger again, now not so sure anymore. Waiting for a reply from support.

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, chris.r said:

Guys, did anyone of you get an IKM newsletter . . . .

Thanks for the heads up.  I don't get the newsletter, so I decided to look at the website and was offered a TONEX survey which gave me free AT5 virtual gear which I don't have yet (an Amp and a Cab not in AT5 MAX/TS3.5 MAX)!!  🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, abacab said:

I haven't installed TONEX yet...

Is it worthwhile to have?

JMO: Right now it is for guitarists who are really into the sound of specific guitar gear (and amp, cabinet, & stomp box combinations). I have tested it with AAS Strum and with some soft synth patches with a guitar-like sound (contour and harmonic complexity).  For my own personal needs, AT5, Mix Box, and other tools works.  

If at sometime you plan to upgrade/Crossgrade/MAXgrade to an upcoming version of TS Max (assuming it will have TONEX Full or MAX), TONEX CS would give you a head start understanding how to search for models, how to download them, how to tweak them, and how to insert TONEX models into AT5.

I don't do much with guitar-sounding patches/presets, but I did download some of the limited number of models that come with CS.  The algorithms are definitely geared to modelling guitar gear.  If they ever develop algorithms for synths and offer tone models based on the sound of classic synths (esp. synth FX chips), I would be interested.  Imagine if they had tone models of the cheesy sound of the Roland MT-32's FX chip, the unique all-in-one sound of the Casio CZ FX, or something like the advanced FX chips found in the E-Mu Command Station line.  

For guitar model sounds, I defer to the opinions of the guitarists here.       

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo

57 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I don't do much with guitar-sounding patches/presets, but I did download some of the limited number of models that come with CS.  The algorithms are definitely geared to modelling guitar gear.  If they ever develop algorithms for synths and offer tone models based on the sound of classic synths (esp. synth FX chips), I would be interested. 

Thanks. I'm not a guitarist either. Mostly into synth and keys, but have played the bass some in the past and use virtual basses now. AT5 MAX gives me some nice cabinets and amps (SVX & SVX 2) for my virtual basses to add realism, but bass isn't really fertile ground for sound design. You just need to shape the bass to sound good in context of your mix.

I have a few virtual guitars (UJAM, Orange Tree, etc.) that I just use for jamming and find that they can sound great when played through various preset setups in AT5 MAX, but have no need to geek out and go deep in designing or learning guitar FX chains. I used to jam with a guitar playing friend who carried a monster pedal board over for jam sessions. That thing always blew my mind. He played those foot pedals like an instrument to get any sound he wanted with a few clicks and/or knob twists. :)

6 hours ago, abacab said:

I haven't installed TONEX yet...

Is it worthwhile to have?

My primary instrument is the guitar and I'm opening TONEX more than any other amp sim (and I own AT5 - pretty much everything, Plugin Alliance - everything other than the older ENGL and Mesa, Nembrini (most of them), Electrum, Melda Trubo Amp, etc) 

I do use 3rd party IRs with it (sounds better if you add them in something like Melda's Convolution or Cab plugin) instead of internal.  

The feel/response and realism I find to be more authentic and dynamic than the alternatives.  However, you don't have much natural adjustablity range as the controls (gain, tone, etc) do not reflect what the actual amp does.  It is also low on the CPU compared to other options on the market and that helps become a go-to as well.  Usually most modelers sound like some ideal version of an amp - there is something about the rawness of the way the resulting profile comes out that just feels more "real" on some level.  While it still doesn't respond to volume and tone pot adjustments like the best amps do, I find it does get closer.  

Many of these differences come down to feel and interaction so some of the elements wouldn't really matter to a non-guitarist.  I haven't used many guitar sample packs or synths of electric guitar - in my hands they just don't convince me, but I've heard others get pretty good results.

It is also one of the only platforms that seems to keep giving us more sounds and tone - so it becomes as discovery and sound exploration, like trying out a new amp every day.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Many of these differences come down to feel and interaction so some of the elements wouldn't really matter to a non-guitarist.  I haven't used many guitar sample packs or synths of electric guitar - in my hands they just don't convince me, but I've heard others get pretty good results.

It may be worth at least giving it a go with my virtual in-the-box sounds... :)