Synthesizer V 1.8.0 Now Released (Not a Deal)

ZincT

I purchased a copy of Synth V pro and a couple of voices, I use cakewalk but im having trouble using it in the software as a plugin (VSTi) I know your not using cakewalk but would you know the path that I need to 'point' the vst plug in manager to find the plugin file. I pointed it at the dreamtronics folder but it does not seem to find it. I looked in the the folder for a *.dll file or vst file and there does not appear to be one there. any help would be appreciated.

Grem,  no I can not see it in my list of plugins, I pointed the plug in manager at the dreamtronics folder assuming that is where the VST would be. but nothing found as far as I can tell.  I sent email into dreamtronics support but have not heard back yet. ( may because its the weekend).  Perhaps I am pointing at the wrong folder.

dream.png

@Stavv

@Brian Lawler is correct, Synthesizer V is VST3 only.

On my system, the plugin is located in this folder (it looks like you already have this folder included in Cakewalk so you should be good to go)...

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\

and the plugin  (as per Brian's post) is called synthv-studio-plugin-x64.vst3

It should appear under Dreamtonics when you add an instrument (see below).

U7eyMbG.png

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

V 1.8.1 Beta 1 just released...

The update includes:

• Integration of Vocal Mode into the Parameter Panel for dynamic modulation of voice timbre (Pro edition required).
  • Improved neural vocoder for male vocals, resulting in enhanced sound quality in the bass range.
  • Updates to the available masculine AI voice databases to fully utilize the new capabilities of the neural vocoder.

Make sure to update both the Synthesizer V Studio editor and the voice database to the latest version to access these new features.

Today, we released Synthesizer V Studio 1.8.1b1 public beta update, which brings you a new feature that integrates vocal modes with the Parameter Panel. Now you can use the Parametric Panel to draw vocal mode curves, giving your songs a more nuanced and natural vocal change and far more freedom than the "note level vocal mode switching" concept could ever achieve. By overlaying different vocal lines on the parameter curves, you will discover an even broader dimension of vocal expression.

At the same time, we improved the neural network vocoder under the hood of the editor, bringing tonal improvements in the bass section to the male AI vocal database, where they can now dive deeper with less noise.

https://dreamtonics.com/synthesizer-v-studio-1-8-1b1-update/ 

The beta update can be downloaded from that link, and also the male voice databases except for Asterian (Eclipsed Sounds are still working on the update for him, so watch this space).

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ZincT said:

@Stavv

@Brian Lawler is correct, Synthesizer V is VST3 only.

On my system, the plugin is located in this folder (it looks like you already have this folder included in Cakewalk so you should be good to go)...

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\

and the plugin  (as per Brian's post) is called synthv-studio-plugin-x64.vst3

It should appear under Dreamtonics when you add an instrument (see below).

U7eyMbG.png

@jinkT   Thanks so much for the help. I am not to Savey with the computer I will check out and also do search for the VST file and let you know how it turns out. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 10:29 AM, Grem said:

If Synth V is a vst plugin, it will have a .dll that Cakewalk will read and be able to use.

Not sure what you mean by "configure". 

[edit] I looked at the Synth V web page and see that a vst comes with the Pro version.  Are you not able to see it in Cakewalk in your list of plugins?

No I cannot see it....   I will try and contact the support team again. I sent email last week but have not had a reply yet.

@Brian Lawler

Thanks for the help, once I rebooted computer I found the SYnth in my synth instrumnets.....

Just FYI  I used as a plug in, just to experiment I bounced to audio file no issue, then I mono'd that track Cakewalk crashed...  re-started and did the same thing again and no issues it worked.

• Like 2

@ZincT

thanks for the help and advice... worked out ok.

Just FYI  I used as a plug in, just to experiment I bounced to audio file no issue, then I mono'd that track Cakewalk crashed...  re-started and did the same thing again and no issues it worked.

39 minutes ago, Stavv said:

@ZincT

thanks for the help and advice... worked out ok.

Just FYI  I used as a plug in, just to experiment I bounced to audio file no issue, then I mono'd that track Cakewalk crashed...  re-started and did the same thing again and no issues it worked.

Happy to help, glad you got it sorted 👍🏻

Edited by ZincT

I finally got Synthesizer V and the Natalie Voice.  This is my first try.  I spent many, many days tuning the voice.  It still sounds somewhat synthy, but it is still realistic enough to freak out my wife. There may be easier ways to do it, but this was the only way I could get it close to where I wanted it.  To me, it's like a bucking bronco--the singer just wants to do what it wants to (tons of crazy vibrato!) and you do your best to pull back. 

I used a MIDI track for the melody, but I didn't refer to Karen Carpenter's vocal to try to make it sound like her.  I never plan to use Praat. 

I sung constantly when I was young--I even fronted a band for a few years.  So I know a bit about singing, I just can't do it anymore.  I can spend a week working on a vocal in Melodyne, but it still sounds so bad I find it painful to hear.  Creating a track with Synthesizer V is very slow painstaking work, but nowadays it's actually faster for me than doing it myself.  

My YouTube Channel on the Metaverse was a total flop and I got my original one back, so my new project is to record some of the dozens of songs I've written over the years with Synthesizer V and make videos.  If anybody responds to any of my songs I'll probably  get a real vocalist.  When I have asked singers to record my songs in the past, it has been a nightmare because I kept asking them to do it over and over. 

My arrangement is Picked Acoustic, Picked Nylon, and Cinematic Studio Woods for the Oboe solo. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, locrian said:

I agree about the bass and guitar.

As for the voice, would you realize that it was synthesized if you heard it out of the context of this post?

Probably would have noticed something was off a bit with the voice, because I have listened to that song about 1,000 times, but maybe would not have realized it was synthesis. The instruments were so off the vibe that it was too distracting to concentrate on the voice...

1 minute ago, abacab said:

Probably would have noticed something was off a bit with the voice, because I have listened to that song about 1,000 times, but maybe would not have realized it was synthesis. The instruments were so off the vibe that it was too distracting to concentrate on the voice...

The fact that you said you'd "probably" notice something was off after listening to the song so many times really underscores just how far this technology has come. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen a demo on YouTube that shows  ( in Studio one) that the video seems to drag the synth V  wav files into a track.   I have been saving the file into a folder and then importing the WAV file into Cakewalk... is there a quick way that I can just drag the file in from Synth V. when Im using it as a plug in ?

On 2/21/2023 at 10:07 AM, Reid Rosefelt said:

This is my first try.  I spent many, many days tuning the voice.  It still sounds somewhat synthy, but it is still realistic enough to freak out my wife. There may be easier ways to do it, but this was the only way I could get it close to where I wanted it. 

I think it sounds like any new vocalist relying on an "Autotune FX". Which is to say it's not bad. At all. Good work.