Synthesizer V 1.8.0 Now Released (Not a Deal)

ZincT

18 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

When it updates to 1.8.0b1 do we get a free voice bank, AI Mai?  Or is that only for those who purchase directly from Dreamtonics?

I don't know. At least it doesn't install it automatically. But looks like you get Eleanor Forte Lite.

Edit: Ok, you can download Mai from Dreamtonics  for free. Thanks for bringing it up.

18 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

Is it possible to store the Voicebanks on an external (ssd) drive, or does it all go to c : \

When you install a voicebank it lets you choose the location of the database, so that's a yes I guess.

Edited by pseudopop
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

The first serial is the one to use. I have no idea what the other two are. :D

Just noticed this on the DLsite product page for Kevin:

Serial Number (Product ID)
After completing your purchase, you will be issued the following numbers on the download page:
・Serial Number 1: Activation Code
・Serial Number 2: Support ID)
・Serial Number 3: CharaMin Studio License Key)

Serial Number 1 is the code needed to use Synthesizer V AI Kevin.
After installing and launching the program, you will be prompted to enter this code before use.

Serial Number 2 is the code needed to receive product support from AH-Software.

Serial Number 3 is the license key needed to activate the 90-day trial version of CharaMin Studio.
Upon launching CharaMin Studio, you'll be prompted to enter this number along with your registered CharaMin Studio acocunt information.
*In order to create an account, please make sure you have a valid email address.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

Thanks!

When it updates to 1.8.0b1 do we get a free voice bank, AI Mai?  Or is that only for those who purchase directly from Dreamtonics?

Is it possible to store the Voicebanks on an external (ssd) drive, or does it all go to c : \

FYI VS is now out of beta (I changed the title of this thread accordingly), so it should update to 1.8.0.

Incidentally, I found that the location of Voicebanks is not that big of an issue as they aren't sample libraries per se so are quite small. For example, my Kevin VB folder is only 63 Mb and Solaria is the same. So I just let VS install them to the default location --> \Documents\Dreamtonics\Synthesizer V Studio\databases 

P.S. I'm pleased that some of you got that Japanese site to work ok. Sounds like you got a bargain. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ohhh you are evil @ZincT!  I easily wrote him off based on the early demos, but you and the folks on VI are trying to drag me back with these recent posts.  I thought sure you were going to bring him in on the second verse of "Fat Bottom Girls".  That would be killer 😁  Have you found it easy (or have you tried) to reduce his vibrato?  The default is a bit much for the way I would want to use him.

8 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

Ohhh you are evil @ZincT!  I easily wrote him off based on the early demos, but you and the folks on VI are trying to drag me back with these recent posts.  I thought sure you were going to bring him in on the second verse of "Fat Bottom Girls".  That would be killer 😁  Have you found it easy (or have you tried) to reduce his vibrato?  The default is a bit much for the way I would want to use him.

Lol, now there's an idea Brian  🤣 

To be honest, it was the first thing I tried with Asterian and I just used instant mode. I didn't change anything, but it is easy to do that. I will have a go at reducing the vibrato and update the post tomorrow. 

I have also tried him in place of Kevin, who I was trying out on the Disturbed version of Sound of Silence. It was a bit low for Kevin (so noisy) but Asterian sounds great. The different vocal modes are really good at altering his voice, based on the quick play I had. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

Thanks for the info.  I need to catch up with the Synth V tools.  I had a vibrato script (user contributed that I found somewhere) but it was crashing at run time so I deleted it.  I've not even looked at the 1.8 update yet, other than getting it installed.

Speaking of scripts I noticed this readme that came with Asterian...

Due to complications in our production schedule, ASTERIAN’s additional bonus files will be somewhat delayed and will be distributed within the month. The original bonus files (scripts and dictionaries) from SOLARIA are also included with ASTERIAN's download, but will be receiving updates with additional fixes & functionality as they function with some inconsistent crashing errors in Synthesizer V Studio 1.7.0 and above. Please consider subscribing to our newsletter to receive an email when these files as well as ASTERIAN's new bonus files are added to your download.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ZincT said:

I am enjoying Asterian, he sounds great! 

Here's a little test I made.. 

https://soundclick.com/r/s8nawr

Anyone still deciding don't forget the intro offer ends on the 9th December. 

That is the best demo of Asterian I have heard so far! :)

I bought the Asterian & Solaria combo just the other day. I figured it was the cheapest way to get them, even with the 24% VAT.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

23 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

That is the best demo of Asterian I have heard so far! :)

I bought the Asterian & Solaria combo just the other day. I figured it was the cheapest way to get them, even with the 24% VAT.

Thanks @pseudopop 👍🏻

Their tax calculation seems a bit iffy for most people. They added just over 20% VAT for me, so more or less correct for the UK.  

@Brian Lawler that Timber is very well done and hardly any vibrato on Asterian; but those spoken parts - wow!

Here's my take on a classic with Kevin and Solaria. Turns out the backing track is made from the original recording, where Tom Scholz and co presumably didn't use a metronome or click track. The tempo varies from 115 to 120 bpm according to Melodyne making it a nightmare to try and get Kevin and Solaria to follow! I had to export the voice parts in standalone SV, import them into Cakewalk, and then cut and move the vocals to match the timing of the track. It's not perfect but I'm getting there. I'm only using the backing track as I couldn't find a really good MIDI version.

https://soundclick.com/r/s8nbip 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Coming soon new voicebank Synthesizer V AI Ninezero, based on the vocals of singer-songwriter, "Ninezero."

Best suited for hard rock and metal. Sounds like a must buy to me! ...

Agreed!  I've been waiting for a voicebank like this one.  I think it'll work well with Solaria.

Edited by locrian
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Stavv said:

Can anyone tell me how to configure cakewalk ( VST manager perhaps) so that I can use Synth V as a plug in.

If Synth V is a vst plugin, it will have a .dll that Cakewalk will read and be able to use.

Not sure what you mean by "configure". 

[edit] I looked at the Synth V web page and see that a vst comes with the Pro version.  Are you not able to see it in Cakewalk in your list of plugins?

Edited by Grem

14 hours ago, Stavv said:

I have just purchased the Sythneziser V pro. Can anyone tell me how to configure cakewalk ( VST manager perhaps) so that I can use Synth V as a plug in.

Been a while since I installed it, but I think you need to find the .vst file in the SythesizerV folder and drag it into your system VST folder manually.  So far I find myself preferring to use the standalone mode anyway, but VST does work.